DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
  • Pool
US$ 203
  • Room Service
1,666 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesindoor poolgift shoplobby areahotel staffan early morning flightnew yorkshuttle serviceairportdrivernycbistrotransportationnjcruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This property was nice. Check in was quick and easy. Got to love those warm cookies ! Our room was nice and clean. Our room balcony was a few floor up from the pool. But we didnt hear much noise once we closed the door. The staff was friendly an helpful. Especially when we realized that we had not printed out our new york pass voucher. They did it for us. We ended up ordering wings from room service onE night. They were good and came quickly.
The bad:
They charge $17 plus tax a day for parking. I know that they have the park and pay program for the airport passengers needing to leave their cars. But I assumed that as an actual guest at the the hotel my parking would be free. Well thats what I get for assuming. We decided to take the train into NY and leave the car parked our first day. That cost us $56 dollars. Honestly at that rate the travel was adding up to I pretty much feel like I should have stayed at a hotel in new york, paid their parking, and grab a metro card. At least then I would have been in the actual place that I wanted to be. The pool was said to be heated, but it was freezing. I dont know if thats because they had the air on iceberg level at the pool or that the pool really wasnt heated.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeNewark, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you for your comments. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed great service and accommodations during your stay with us! However, we regret to learn that your visit didn’t meet your expectations across the board. Unfortunately parking is at a premium in Newark, but we do offer some special offers that include complimentary parking, with further details available on our website. For any future visits, please do not hesitate to come to our staff with any concerns. We want to be sure you are comfortable during your stay, whether you’re relaxing at the pool or in your room, and we will make any adjustments possible to improve your visit. I hope that we have the chance to exceed your expectations next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

the facility is beautiful, the rooms are great, the pool is fab. As a place to stay its def. an option, but be careful what you reserve. Just because you pay for special access, doesn't mean it's going to be available.

I am beginning to see a patter when it comes to executive lounge access and people who pay for this access on a Friday or Saturday.

I love the doubletree most of the time,however this double tree experience was not the Hilton experience I expected. I booked a room with executive lounge access. Again, for the second time in a year, a Hilton hotel allows and charges you for the EL access and then doesn't have it available during your stay. The difference with the two experiences is that, when this happened at the Hilton Westchester, the front desk host and the food services manager, were very gracious in providing us complimentary meal tickets for the duration of our stay. At the doubletree Newark Airport location, the front desk gave me a hard way to go for about 35-40min as I checked in and finally offered me a coupon for two complimentary appitziers and 2 cocktails. while the cocktails were appreciated, the EL access would have been a much better value and it was what I paid for. Basically, the upcharge on the room was for 2 appetizers. The front desk host also tried to make a big deal about the issue because when I made the reservation I made it for one adult, when in fact there were two of us, so she tried to act like I violated some major rule. Parking was ridiculous at like $19 or something, like really, were at the airport. I felt like this was one of the worst stays I've had with Hilton properties thus far. I submitted a review/complaint to Hilton directly and still haven't' gotten a response almost 3 months later.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mcdj2004

While it’s encouraging to know that you enjoyed our property and amenities, we are disheartened to learn that we missed the mark when it came to offering you the exceptional experience that you deserve. I would like to extend my sincere apologies, as we truly do value our loyal guests and it’s apparent that you did not get this impression from us. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss this further; we would be happy to speak with you. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I hope that we have the chance to regain your trust.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I stay a lot at this hotel and Stella always greets me with great professionalism! She makes the stay extra enjoyable while I am staying in the hotel. The check in process has always been fast which is great as a business traveller!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul S
DoubletreeNewark, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you, Paul, for taking the time to share these thoughtful words! We are so glad that we’ve been able to take good care of you on each of your visits, especially as we know how important it is for business travels to run smoothly. It’s always a pleasure, and we look forward to your next stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Double Tree Newark NJ is very convenient to NY/ NJ and a modern hotel. Located across from the Newark Airport it has an inviting businesslike atmosphere about it.
The moment you get there you are amazed by the huge expansive 8 story open Atrium covered by a glass roof. It's very light ( and didn't seem to leak with the recent torrential rain storms). The hotel offers its guests delicious freshly baked chocolate walnut chip cookies , staff is friendly and Attentive and the guest rooms were clean and functional.
Would recommend .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Davedog14
DoubletreeNewark, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our property! We are delighted that you found the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport hotel to be so inviting, from our friendly staff to our warm chocolate chip cookies. Your recommendation is very much appreciated, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Front desk person was on his cell scrolling. Normally I have absolutely no problem with when acknowledge in a apologizing friendly manor. I did not get that this time. Once he realized I was there a annoying look of "yes?". I had to ask if I was at the correct desk to check in. I did have my luggage in tow.......other than that very nice stay

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeNewark, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

While we’re glad that you had an overall pleasant stay with us, it was disheartening to read that you experienced anything less than our usual level of excellent service. We will review your comments with our staff to be sure we are continuing to meet our goal of providing the best possible service to our valued guests. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope that we will have another chance to offer you a visit that is impressive from start to finish.