“Convenient and Accomodating”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Northeast,Pa
“Convenient and Accomodating”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Great location and convenient shuttle service. Rooms are clean and have all the amenities you might need. Free Wi-Fi in rooms and a flight announcement board located right in the lobby to let you know if there are any delays. Front Desk staff very efficient and helpful. Have stayed here before and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RTET
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We again stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel and left our car there while we traveled out of Newark Airport. Great bargain! Service is great, room clean, and shuttle service to and fro airport was easy.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor near offices and laundry....a bit noisy. Otherwise no problems with location in hote...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sand747
Hempstead, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Second stay at this Wyndam Hotel. It makes for travel out of Newark Airport very easy and affordable. Pleasant, accomodating staff at the front desk. Park and Fly feature of the hotel is a great value. Shuttle service to and from the airport is prompt and efficient. Rooms are spacious and clean. Will definitely utilize again for future travel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank tv1965
Goshen, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Room was clean and neat, Front desk pople were very helpful and pleasant.4 minutes from the aiport. Perfect place to stay when leaving early the next day.Food at restaurant was reasonable and had a nice selection.Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lsb10924
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 October 2011

First word of caution: Extremely difficult to reach. If you go by the address mentioned on their website (the US-1 S one), your GPS will not recognize it. I drove past the hotel twice from a distance but it took me more than 1 hour and 20+ miles of distressful drive to reach there from the first time I saw it. (Trick: They have an International Drive address as well which is to be used for GPS). This seems a well-known phenomenon to them, and I wonder why this is not publicized in bold on their website!
There comes the indifferent part. When I informed the person at the counter of my plight, all I got was "Oh! You didn't use the International Drive address?"
The room was fine - reasonably clean and tip-top. though very small in size. There was hardly any space after housing the king-size bed. The restaurant was ok - expect nothing out of ordinary. The gift shop is small but useful.
The worst part of the hotel is the staff - indifferent and sometimes rude. The person who checked me in was indifferent. The gift shop attendant had a grim face and no time for a greeting, Same with the restaurant folks, I asked for room service for breakfast in the morning as I had to leave early for my meeting, and the person in the kitchen kept insisting that I should come down to the restaurant for breakfast, When I insisted for room service, he was so mad that he might have hit me if I was close. The person who brought my breakfast to the room knocked on the door 5 times within the 1 minute it took me to open the door (I was in the bathroom), although he heard me pretty well when I screamed and told him I was coming. And then he passed some comments when I asked for the receipt for the breakfast, which he was supposed to hand me anyway. (They include 18% gratuity in the bill - so I guess the servers don't care).
Plus: Excellent location. 2 minutes from the Newark airport.
I will probably avoid this hotel in the future - there are many decent hotels nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Vivekbrata
managementewr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Dear Vivebrat, Thank you for your opinions. I apologize if your stay was not enjoyable. We do our best to give all travelers directions to our hotel. As I am sure you will agree, it is in our best interest to help give the best routes to the property. Different GPS systems do recognize US Hwy 1 as some (like yours) do not. That is why we offer nearby addresses too. As you mentioned the next-door address we listed helped you find the hotel. Now, to have the next-door address listed and to bold it isn’t necessary, as all GPS don’t require it. Our king bedded guest rooms are 360 to 380 square feet in size. We also carry large Junior and Deluxe suites. If the standard room wasn’t to your liking, the option for you to upgrade to a larger suite was available for you, if you needed the additional space.
Your experience with room service, I have checked with the restaurant manager, the only report he has on file was that a guest wanted room service before they were opened (prior to 6am) and had no servers on duty, but the guest insisted and he was accommodated. I can only assume this was your experience. Room service is available from 6am to 11pm. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you