“Never Again”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Eagan, Minnesota
“Never Again”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

OK I know it's March but it's 80 degrees in my room and "they" can't turn on the air because the whole building is on the same system (even though the room has it's own unit). You figure it out. All I know is it's miserable, they don't care so why should I? Also - not a nice greeting to see cigarette burns on your bedspread. Yuck.

Room Tip: If you are forced to stay here ask for a non street side room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AteT00Much
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at the Best Western for 2 nights. The room was fine, one king bed and a flat screen TV. This is an older property in town but it is in good shape. I found the room to be a bit noisy but not enough to disturb my sleep. The neighborhood is kind of doubtful, but ok for a quick trip.

Except the neighborhood, the location is just great. 5 minutes walk from Newark Penn Station or Prudential Center. You just have to take the PATH to go to NY for 2$ or Train for 5$.

Good quality price for the money if you compare with the Hilton overprice in this neighborhood. The price of the room included breakfast and free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 March 2012

If you want to be close to Penn Station then this is ideal....but the customer service at this hotel is bad. My dad (who is blind) stayed in the room while we went to New York City and while we were out the management said they had to move him to another room due to technical difficulties. He panicked and called me. The woman I spoke to said they were already moving our things and it was no big deal. I explained that I had the room set up so that he could easily find everything, plus my undies and things were laying in the bathroom and I felt uncomfortable havinig things changed without me there. She said I should get over it and when I asked for a manager she hung up on me. By the time I got back they had changed us to a room across the hall with no air and no explanation for the change. They refused to discount our room and all of our things were in black garbage bags.

Room Tip: rooms are small and we did not have air conditioning
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at the B/W Robert Treat in February 2012. It turned out to be a very pleasant visit. I was there overnight with meetings scheduled the day I arrived and the following day. The room was fine, one king bed, with a good bathroom and plenty of space in the room.

This is an older property in town but it is in good shape. I found the room to be a bit noisy but not enough to disturb ones sleep. The hotel has large event rooms attached.

If you need your computer bring a cable to connect to the wall. The WIFI was a slow as molasses in winter. Free, but slow. The "business center" is the old "pay-as-you-go" style with, to me, expensive rates. I did not find a "25 cent" vibrating chair there but I expected to.

The Maize restaurant on the first level was also a treat. We had a working breakfast there on Sunday. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. This is one of the few places I have been recently where one could hold a conversation across the table in a normal voice and not be plagued by the music form the PA system.

The included breakfast was fine. Good selection of confidential breakfast items and attendant cleaned while in use.

All in all "good value for money."

Room Tip: Not much traffic on the weekends so a street side room gives a good view and little noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
toronto
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was planning a trip from Toronto to NYC by car. (7hr drive) I picked B.W. Robert Treat for parking, price and access to PATH train in to NYC. the Price was excellent $90 night. Breakfast incl.'d for me my wife and 2 kids. Breakfast lounge was excellent, clean, very nice. The shuttle to the PATH train was convenient from the hotel. (we confirmed times the night before and planned accordingly) Coming back from the train station (5 minute drive) we took a cab. Didn't want to wait. Cab was only $5.00. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and professional. Hotel is a terrific 'base' for visiting NYC.

We never walked the surrounding area... looked a bit questionable and uninviting. But we weren't there to see Newark, we were there to see NYC. PATH train was convenient and took 30 min. to NYC. Have to switch trains at Journal Sq. across the platform to Penn station NYC or if you stay on train takes you to lower manhatten. cost $2 kids were free.

Also we bought the city pass at our first stop (empire state) cost was $220 for 3 my 7 yr old was free. (think we said she was 6) But gave access to 6 attractions which we did in 2 days.
Day 1. empire state, Guggenheim, MOMA, metropolitan museum, horse and carriage ride in central park, Top of the Rock, Time Square, 2nd day, Dakota apts/ strawberry field, Museum of natural history, on the 3rd day we did a walking tour of WTC which i'd recommend, skating at Wollman rink, central park, time square.

Also forget that hop on hop off bus we considered it but in the end opted for taking cabs. The cabs were fast, and cheap. Think in total we spend 70 in cab. avg fair was $7-$10. Its also significantly faster than the bus.

Just from talking to other people who were taking those buses they were complaining about the waits.

We also went skating a Wollman rink with the kids. Kids felt that was a highlight of the trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family