1,532 results
All reviews trinity reservations room was clean shuttle service cruise port bar restaurant stayed one night overnight stay new york every half hour cape liberty front desk staff nice stay an early flight free shuttle joe airport connection
Reviewed 7 October 2018

After finding out about the Legionella outbreak at the hotel from another guest, I called the hotel to confirm that the outbreak was still ongoing. When I asked if the hotel had an ETA on when the water system treatment would be treated, the representative said that she "did not have that information at this time". I'm so glad that I was able to cancel in time. It is DISGUSTING that the hotel is not notifying upcoming guests prior to arrival. Flying into Newark and being suddenly told that I can't shower or use hot water? Horrific.

Another heads-up: during an earlier call, the hotel stated that I would have to pay a $59 early check-in fee, even though my Platinum loyalty status is supposed to give me early check-ins and late check-outs without an additional charge. Shame on this Ramada and the damage they have done to the Wyndham brand.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Errorless
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Upon arrival at the Ramada Plaza I was presented with a health notice stating that Leigonella Bacteria has been found in the water system of the hotel, and therefore could not take a shower or use the water in a way that would create water vapor. Prior to checking in I was diagnosed with pneumonia and was still on antibiotics and recovering from the illness. When expressing my concerns I was provided with the non-solution of "I don't recommend you stay here." by Zaniyah S. She then told me she could "walk" me to another hotel, but could not guarantee the same rate nor guarantee that the hotel be near the airport. In my experience hotels that "walk" their guests will refund the expenses of the hotel room. However, I was not given any refund or even offered discount due to the contaminated water. When deciding whether to stay, I asked for further information about the notice, Zaniyah S. proceeded to treat me as if I were illiterate. This treatment by this hotel's staff is unacceptable. You would think that the staff would be little kinder to its guests especially when it's the hotel's dirty sewage system that is causing these customer service problems.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank 166shelbyp
Reviewed 5 October 2018

When I checked in the front desk greeted me by saying “you can’t shower here” and handing me a letter to read stating Legionella bacteria was in the hotel water system. Offered refund but at that point there was no where else for me to go. I was really unhappy that they waited til I flew in to tell me and weren’t very accommodating in light of all this. Totally ridiculous and messed up.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
7  Thank Laura P
Tania D, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Newark International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Laura P,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your honest, valuable feedback.

We wanted to take the time to extend our most sincere apologies for your experience at the Ramada Plaza - Newark Liberty International Airport and for the not receiving advanced notice of the situation with our water. Please know that Management is working closely with the Department of Health to ensure our remediation is done correctly and as safe as possible for our guests. We also wanted to apologize for the customer service you received from the housekeeper during your stay, it is unacceptable and has been addressed with the appropriate department.

Once again, thank you for your feedback; I hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I stayed for the weekend and experience the worst stay ever. We were unable to take showers and use hot water, major issue. Because I booked 3rd party they did not compensate me, I'm still waiting to here back from the 3rd party but I think it was the hotel that should've deducted the price since it's inconvenience. I was not able to book somewhere else because the hotels were booked. Never again will I stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank mcerda350250

Dear Mcerda350250,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your honest, valuable feedback.
We wanted to take the time to extend our most sincere apologies for your experience at the Ramada Plaza - Newark Liberty International Airport. Please know that Management is working closely with the Department of Health to ensure our remediation is done correctly and as safe as possible for our guests. You mentioned you booked through a 3rd party and did not receive compensation which is unfortunate. Please contact the hotel directly we would love the opportunity to regain your trust.
Once again, thank you for reaching out to us and please accept our sincerest apology for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Disturbing & noisy bed you can't rest well .for your record they had 2 people who got sick due to the hotel shower (water mist )so it is really unsafe to stay there ,I personally was so scared so checked out with out taking shower .In general it is uncomfortable & unsafe place to stay .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Meheret M

Dear Meheret,
We deeply regret that your hotel stay was less than satisfactory and that your general impression of the hotel was not as what you have expected. We are committed to do our best to improve our guest experience and always strive to make our guests’ stay a pleasant one. However, we failed to do so and thus want to extend to you our most sincere apologies. We understand your concerns with regards to the water issue. Please know that Management would not intentionally put our guest’s safety in jeopardy. We have been working closely with the Department of Health and coordinated a remediation plan which has been already implemented.