All reviews family room bunk beds bed was super comfortable prudential center enjoyed our stay nice amenities one night stay there again parking garage breakfast buffet easy access airport shuttle free shuttle shuttle service tile noise concert
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Came here and was put here to a cancellation at EWR. The place is nice and new and there are nice amenities and the restaurant serves food late till 11: 00 pm which worked great as I was starving. The steak I had was good as was the beer selection. The room I had was a King bed with a pull-down double bunk (great for kids). Nice soaps and the room was large airy and clean. Definitely a winner for the Wyndham brand.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We came for a concert at the NJ Performing Arts Center. A five minute walk away. Friendly staff, small but clean room, comfortable bed, convenient location to downtown Newark attractions. Onsite parking for an extra fee. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The airline we were traveling on messed up our flight and we were put up in a hotel near Newark Airport. We were given 2 rooms at Tryp Hotel in central Newark. It was late at night, yet the young man checking us in was very polite and professional. He was very sympathetic and immediately checked us in. The hotel lobby was very modern, with interesting lighting and very clean. The hotel rooms were on the smaller side but was good enough for one night and the bathroom was simple. The shower pressure was very relaxing. The beds were okay but once again was good enough. In the morning we used the coupons we received from the airline to have breakfast. The buffet was excellent, consisting of different breads, yoghurts, cheeses, fruits, meats, eggs, bacon and juices. The hotel had a shuttle that took us directly to the airport for our flight. This is a convenient, modern and clean hotel. The service provided was good and the breakfast was excellent. Despite our anger with the airline, we were quite relaxed at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018

My stay at the TRYP hotel in Newark was great, the room was a bit cold but I had no problem with that at all. Me and my two teenage children enjoyed ourselves. I love that the TRYP is right around the corner from the Performing Arts Center, it was a short walk to The Monsta X concert for my daughter. All in all, our stay was great, my kids didn't want to leave and neither did I. I may take another trip to Newark in the future and the TRYP hotel will definitely be the place I lay my head.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Checked into hotel and the room was dirty. It wreaked of animal, hair (long and short) was everywhere, the floor looked like it hadn't been swept,and the bathroom was also no clean. After raising my concerns, I was moved into another room that was also DIRTY! Although this room didn't have an odor, the floor was dirty, the bed was half made, and the toilet had hair on it, and the night tables also had hair on them. I called to complain and they sent house keeping to mop the floor. I went to the front desk and asked to speak with Joe, "Manager on Duty" and Jasmine "Housekeeping Manager", who told me this never never happens and the woman who cleaned the rooms was new. I had to buy cleaning products to clean the room and was asked to send a receipt, which I did, and was neverq contacted. NOT ONE TIME DID/HAS ANYONE FROM THE HOTEL STAFF CONTACTED ME IN REGARDS TO MY ISSUES. I would never stay at this property again and will advise everyone I know not to either.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple