1,450 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Rude front desk, not one clerk...But, all of them. Seem to hate their job. Unless a free shuttle to the airport is of utmost importance to you, choose some other hotel. The only thing this place is good for would be a layover flight sleep spot. Even then, I'd recommend somewhere else. I would have rated the service terrible. But, the maid and the gentlemen in the café and the gift shop were all very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My train came early than the check-in at 3 pm. I called and asked if I was able to check-in early and the female that I spoke with told me to come on in. I really appreciated it because I was able to get settled in and change since the weather was different than I expected. I only came across two problems. When I walked into the room it smelled of cigarettes, but only in the walk way. The refrigerator had a stale smell to it. I just turned it up to the highest number and kept it moving. We were there for the weekend for a concert and our stay was comfortable. We did not use the shuttle service. We got around easily by using Lyft/Uber and headed over to Newark Penn Station and used the PATH train to visit NYC. I would stay at this hotel again if I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018

The positive aspect is that there's a 24 hr per day shuttle to the airport. A huge bonus. Unfortunately, that's where the good things end. I had stayed here once before, but the standard has dropped beyond belief. The receptionist was rude and bordered on the unpleasant.The room was adequate, but I'm not sure how clean the linen was. The air conditioning was faulty and it took 4 phone calls and a visit to reception to get moved to another room. The room is not clean and the bathroom is disgusting - broken loo seat; mould on bath and the plug was rusty. The carpet smelt of years of smelly feet and other suspect odours.I was promised a 30% discount on my bill due to all the inconvenience I had put up with. There was a deduction of $20 on the bill - definitely not 30%. I won't be staying there again and will not recommend it either. It's a shame, as the location is fine due to the shuttle service. It's a franchise of Howard Johnson and not worthy of the brand.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MargaretH1036
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Hotel was not that great. My stay was average. Hotel needs several refurbishes like clean batthroom, flushing system, toilet seat, cleaner carpets, Need free complimentary breakfast for the price I paid. There are not even restaurants nearby the hotel. Needed free parking. And reception area people must be smiling and presentable.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I will start with some positive things. The location is good and checking in was easy. That is where the positive stops.

Now the negative. I don't know where to begin...
1) the overwhelming smell of marijuana smoke was a little jarring when I walked into the lobby.
2) my room had a strange musty smell to it. That could just be that the hotel is old.
3)There was a mysterious wet spot on the carpet in front of the television.
4)the bed was quite possibly the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in.
5)The air conditioner only sort of worked. It kept the room from being steamy but it was still pretty warm.
6) The bathroom. Oh, the bathroom. It was the moldiest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel . There was mold EVERYWHERE. (see pictures)

I can tell you that I would not stay here again nor would I recommend that anyone else try to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo