“Good for a one night stay”

TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Newton, New Jersey
“Good for a one night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

the staff at the hotel is exceptional just wish i could say the same for the hotel, the place is in need of a face lift the rooms are very dated and there was not even a dresser to put clothes in which i thought was odd since this is an extended stays hotel. The room was very clean but everything was extremely dated the kitchen was very outdated. The TV could only be viewed from the couch would have been nice to view it from the bed or the desk area. I was very surprised that Marriott has not updated this place as it could be very nice.. If you like a super soft bed this is the place for you. Lobby was very confusing the market area was in front of the check in desk. as far as the maid service they knocked on my door 3 time within a half hour to see if i was still there...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bear464
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I Stayed here on a New York / Philadelphia Weekend. The hotel complex is right between I-295 and the New Jersey Turnpike. The front desk was very welcoming and helpful they were even doing a Super Bowl Raffle for 500 rewards points. The room on first glance seemed clean and recently refreshed. After bringing back take-out food to eat in the kitchenette, I found to garbage disposal to be broken and upon closer inspection the room seemed to be in need of a thorough detailed cleaning. The complementary breakfast was the typical cereal and orange juice. The building we were in did not have an elevator so anyone not able to use stairs would have to request a first floor room. I would suggest this hotel for quick stay overs but not for the long term stays this brand markets itself for you can do much better with TS's bigger brother Residence Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

After being informed by my employer that I would be on business travel to the Mt. Laurel area for 6 Months, I knew I had some work cut out for me in finding a good hotel that I would be able to handle for that period of time. Some of my co-workers have been on travel in the area and they recommended this hotel over the Residence Inn. I was told that the residence in was fairly new, however, was extremely unclean.

With that in mind I went ahead and booked the Towneplace Suites for a month of my 6 month stay, just in-case I would want to switch to a different hotel down the road. The exterior of the hotel makes it look very modern, and clean. Upon entering the building I began to understand why people said the hotel is outdated, which it definitely is. The lobby is very small, but what more do you need for an EXTENDED stay hotel? The staff was very personable, and even told me about the weekly raffles they do for Marriott rewards points. Being the winter, they have a raffle where you chose one out of two NBAl teams playing that night. If you choose the winning team, you receive 500 bonus Marriott points!

The door between the lobby hotel rooms sounded like one in a secured building / jail. You needed to use your key to enter this part of the building. Although this might have lead some people to question the location of the hotel, I liked it because it definitely made me feel safe. Going up to my room on the 3rd floor (of 3 floors) via the old creaky elevator, you could really start to see the age of the hotel by the style of carpet and wallpaper.

When I arrived at my room, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. The kitchen, bathroom, sofa, and bed all looked to be kept up well! The sofa was located at the foot of the bed, and would NOT be good for a family with children as stated in other posts, but for my short term business travel needs it was perfect. The bed was comfortable, couch was hard but clean, and the kitchen had all of the supplies one would need to cook dinner for 1 or 2. The room also had a table, which being on business travel I used more for a desk than anything, and a fairly good sized closet.

The TV is in somewhat of a weird spot, but you can easily make it work so that you can see the TV from the table (desk), sofa, and bed, with a small turn of its stand. Since I was staying in the hotel for an extended period of time, I wanted to be able to watch netflix so I brought along my PS3. Go to find out, that these are very special hospitality flat screen TVs where you can hook up devices to their inputs, but will not be able to change the input on the TV to view them. They only give you a comcast remote, and the TV has no buttons on it to change these settings. (I looked for a universal remote, and have not been able to get one to work).

Another downside was the speed of the internet. My god was it one of the slowest I have ever used. They have a wired hookup in the room, and have wireless throughout. One of the most annoying things was that you had to renew your internet connection, agreeing to terms and conditions, every 24 hrs.

Overall this hotel had everything I needed and served its purpose. The hotel was only $57 a night, so for that rate it has gone WAY past what it had to do. The hotel was clean and had enough amenities to get by for 6 months.

Room Tip: I have herd from multiple people that the rooms in where are more than one bedroom are not very clea...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here a few nights over Holiday. Our room was never cleaned, house keeping only changed the trash gave us couple towels and went on for the day. We ask the front desk why hasnt, and when our room could be cleaned and the first person at the desk which was a girl got defensive stating that's all they are supposed to do....???? We said hello isnt this owned by the Marriott? We showed her pictures of the room how the bed wasnt made up, nothing was cleaned in the bathrooms, so she shrugged her sholders and she said she was going to inform her manager the next morning. So now we are at the check out on the last day, she is there with her manager, at the time i didnt even want to argue and complain especially after the way we have been treated, she nor her manager apoligized for our inconvienience at the stay of this hotel...Find another hotel, i would had rather stayed at the Red Roof INN around the corner

Room Tip: Customer Service is Very Poor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JTBuck1911
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed while visiting Philadelphia area for New Years. Property is older, but maintained well. Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Suites were clean and in good shape. Good location near
I-295 and NJ Turnpike entrance, but quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family