“Not bad at all.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The service is frendly the food can be at times too salty but for being in a stripmall, this place is aces!

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Great restaurant for it's category!
Home made bread was almost great; just not crusty enough for me. Salad was ok. However, it went for the al Dente pasta and it was. Something so simple, yet difficult to find other than at high priced fine dining Italian restaurants. Had the Carbonara and it's #2 on my stateside list. Cooked and prepared properly with the right ingredients. Gelato was also very good. Looking forward to my next visit! Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 September 2011

I have been to this venue twice and each time the food was amazing. The atmosphere was very pleasant and service was good. The only problem I encountered was the food was served too quickly. Not enough time to digest your salad before the entree was placed on the table. After finishing our entree, we enjoyed our wine and conversation when the server came by and told us we needed to leave since they had reservations. I have never been asked to leave a restaurant before and was quite upset. He never came over to ask if there was anything else we need or is everything okay. I will still go back since the food was very good but to be asked to leave was uncalled for.

1  Thank Jerseygirl0328
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This brand-new gem of a BYO restaurant makes you feel like you are old friends at a family gathering. The food is delicious, fresh, and creatively prepared, and the value is excellent. The salads and home-made soups set the tone for a delightful dinner with many favorite Italian specialties on the menu. Desserts are made on-site and include about a dozen gelati and sorbets. Located only 5 minutes off the NJ Turnpike and I-295, Al Dente Italiana is a welcome oasis providing a wonderful dining experience for anyone desiring a refreshing treat with an Italian flair.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have visited this restaurant at least 5 times. The food is very good and fresh here. You can order the food any way you want to. I mean you can pick out a pasta and then say you want this ingredient or that one from another item on the menu. This is a great idea but on my last visit the kitchen got half the orders wrong. Either the wrong pasta was in the dish or the wrong ingredient. We only returned one of the three meals. The food was still good. They include a salad with your meal too. The salad is wonderful. Stay for the homemade gelato. You could also take some home. I think you get more for your money in the take home cups. I wish they would get better wine glasses here. They are too cheap and they are often dirty. We returned half the wine glasses at the table because of dirt or food on them. It would be nice if they got a few champagne flutes. At this time you must drink your champagne out of a huge wine glass. They ran out of water glasses the night we were there last. I will return again! I just hope they can make a few changes.

1  Thank skipthelightfandango