“Excellent fresh sushi beautifully presented”

Yuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Montvale
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is my husband and my go to restaurant for sushi. We have never been disappointed. We bring a bottle of wine , which is graciously opened and poured for us. They begin the meal by offering warm washcloths to clean your hands when you are seated. The menu is very extensive with pictures and easy to understand. The service is attentive (the staff works as a team) -and you can ask any server for a request you might have. Every staff member was happy to accommodate us. The live fish in the large fish tank are fun to watch. The food presentation is beautiful. We have come here once or twice a month for about a year now and the fish has always been fresh. My favorite are their tuna dumplings, made with raw tuna and avacado.. Great combo. The updated dining area is very pleasant and there is plenty of parking in the back and on the side of this multi business building. It is located on the corner by the light at grand av and kinderkamack av. (By the 7-11) To enter the parking lot you need to be traveling north on kinderkamack (the driveway just past anchor seafood store) or east on grand. We will be back and would definitely recommend Yuki for some nice Japanese food.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank RoseMac2014

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I've ordered sushi to go twice from this restaurant. The lady on the phone is easy to understand and friendly. The sushi is very good. Prices are average with other places. They are closed for 2 hours every afternoon and reopen at 4:30.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I eat in the restaurant every month or so and get takeout sushi almost every other week. Nice restaurant , big fish tank,. Great for the kids. Friend staff and good service. Good for lunch too. But they close in between lunch and dinner so observe the hours.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Lively and filled with families on New Year's Eve. Busy and attentive staff. Dinner was very good. Chicken Teriyaki and Seafood Noodles flavorful and fresh. Nice night.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Having eaten in countless Japanese restaurants, I am always on the lookout for something that distinguishes one from all the rest; something unique or special that is not standard fare. Yuki in Montvale, New Jersey has an extensive and appealing menu and the food made most of the seven of us quite happy. The three of us who had Chicken and Salmon Teriyaki had only good things to say about their meals. The rest of us enjoyed a variety of appetizers and sashimi and sushi dinners. The big plus for me was the Wasabi Shumai; something I have never had before and thoroughly enjoyed. The big minus was the sashimi appetizer which consisted of an adequate variety of fish, but very small pieces...smaller than I have ever been served when ordering sashimi as an appetizer. Prices were reasonable and overall presentation was quite nice. Service was efficient throughout. No liquor here, so really missed my hot sake...New Jersey's fault, not Yuki's.

Date of visit: June 2015