“Fun, though Pricey”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 June 2018

PLUSES include the retro cafe look of small town Americana. There are cafe tables & chairs plus a soda-fountain style counter with round stools.
The mosaic title floor also helps set a fun mood of the 1930's. Our food was tasty.
OTHER NOTES: since this is a popular, fun place it can be a bit noisy for conversation and the menu items are not cheap (example: a grilled cheese sandwich was $15).

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Positive TA reviews led us here for a late lunch, but we were unimpressed. The café is a retro soda fountain style with rickety chairs, but the food didn't make the grade. The only remarkable thing about my Classic Club Sandwich on toasted white bread was that it had the crust neatly trimmed off; although the side of homemade chips was fried just right. My spouse's Hamburger with Fries was ordinary. Service was very quick and attentive considering how crowded it was at the time.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Has been told great place. Went with 7 people for a little celebration
Disappointed
Service slow and could care less
Never came back to see how things where
Grilled Chicken on the salad was rubbery!!!
Worst piece of chicken I have gotten and not eaten
Atmosphere amd place was different and nice but will not come back just for that.
Overall a big disappointment

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A Saturday morning I find myself in Montclair alone and decide to visit Church Street. It Brought back some memories Of what I thought could’ve been a success and ended up disaster but enough about that. It was a brisk morning and they were setting up outside of Raymond’s. I just decided to have breakfast. The hostess was surprised I wanted to eat outside. She gracefully sat me. The server was kind but it was about a 10 minute wait till I was approached. She took my order the busboy set me up and water and coffee were served promptly.of a spice were terrific food was served promptly. My eggs arrived and were cooked as requested and tasted great. I also enjoyed a side of cheesy grits. Yes, yummy they were. Overall a nice breakfast. The visit was peaceful and I put behind me some difficult memories. Thank you To the service staff at Raymond’s!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Raymond’s resides in a space that must have once been an apothecary and thoughtful care was taken to preserve the space and atmosphere when such establishments anchored communities. Floor to ceiling tile in the front room, tin foil ceilings throughout, aged mirrors above booths in the rear, all work together to draw you in and grab a table. It is popular but accessible as is the menu. Nothing mysterious or pretentious and everything from burgers to grilled cheese sandwiches arrive at your table with the importance of presentation in mind. Think upscale diner that serves pancakes and French toast all day and that’s what we are dealing with here. Lots of great local energy, attentive staff and satisfying food. Go here.