“Great Breakfast!”

Ranked #9 of 232 Restaurants in Montclair
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018

No matter what time you go to Toast there are always long lines, but there is a good reason for it...their breakfast is exceptional! It’s best to call ahead, find out the wait time, and have them put your name on the list (just make sure you are there when they call your name because they will not hold a table for you). It’s a small place, open until 3 everyday, and serves breakfast and lunch. We have eaten here numerous times, and while their lunch is very good, we always go back for their breakfast. It’s the best around and their portions are insane! Try it...you’ll have to wait, but it’s worth it!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Toast is a great breakfast place and a fun place for lunch too to. I have been here several times and the staff are usually fun and energetic and the menu is full of items with great variations.

Pancakes with syrups and toppings on French toast and breakfast meats abound.

The bagel and lox is not the best item on the menu. Instead try the Huevos rancheros or the breakfast burrito. It is really good. Chorizo tomatoes, jack cheese egg and it is really juicy.

Omelets are good and potatoes on the plate are plentiful.

If you don’t like where you are seated, ask to move. Also, if you go on a Saturday or Sunday, go early or expect a line.

The cost can average about $12-$14 per person with coffee.

I will return with family and friends

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday morning and the place was packed. Nice family place for breakfast or brunch. Great friendly staff and the food was slamming I’m disappointed I didn’t order more than just the Belgian waffles.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I found a seat at the breakfast bar and was happy to be served by Nicolette and Ileana.
I ordered a white omelet filled with turkey, onions, spinach and cheese.
It was Huge....enough for lunch and dinner too. I enjoyed a good latte...but you have to say.....NO cinnamon!!...or you won't be able to taste their very good "house" coffees.
A busy in town, traditional, East Coast Americana style, menu and decor.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

When preparing reviews I am always honest and transparent so that anyone else that reads what I share can gain some insight on what to expect on a trip to a location. I have to say that my visit started well but my enthusiasm was dampened by a couple of events.

The restaurant ambiance has it own country sort of feel to it. One can dine outdoors under a canopy or come inside. Everyone was fairly friend and the restaurant is clean. The menu is diverse but sharply overpriced especially for items that are so simple and inexpensive to make. Our meal for two came to $43.03 before we realized it. I have no problem spending money, but one glance at the receipt had me wondering why my grilled cheese on white bread totaled $9.00. With that said our server moved expeditiously and the food was served in a timely fashion.

My grill cheese order didn't have american cheese as requested but I completed the meal and took it up with the server. She immediately directed me to the manager Elias who said he would only be providing a $1 discount. The grill cheese total was $9 but supposedly came with mushrooms, onions and 3 types of cheese. I just wanted a plain grill cheese with two cheeses and I didn't understand why I had to pay for a deluxe grill cheese when it really wasn't deluxe. The manager was very touchy about his grill cheese and proceeded to give me all the details of a grill cheese sandwich. He talked about how big the bread is etc. I shared my concerns about the rigid menu but decided to take the $1 discount and move on. The waitress bought the receipt for us to pay and there was no discount added. I brought it to her attention and she went back once more and emerged with a new ticket.

To my surprise the new ticket had a 2.5% credit card fee added to the bill. When I asked about it Maria said, "Oh i'm sorry I forgot to tell you about the fee that is charged for using your credit card." This really got to me because it felt very shady. There was no warning. There were no signs. As I asked more questions she told us that the restaurant used to make the servers pay the 2.5% credit card fee for each customer but decided to help them out by passing the charge on to customers. Last time I checked that is against the law.

If you dine at this location please be aware of this charge and also know that what you see on the menu is what you get. There are very few adjustments that will be made. Oh and with a family of 4 your bill may be a little higher than you think it will be. Oh and I know that their juices are not organic and I heard no mention of items being non gmo. Vegan, non gmo an gluten free items generally merit a price spike but these items were not.

Dining Info: