“Quiet, clean, and affordable”

Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
“Quiet, clean, and affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I found this to be an excellent hotel for the money. Was a bit skeptical when comparing to other hotels of the same rating, but it turned out to be great. I would actually give it a 5 star when you compare to other hotels of the same type, but overall I feel a 4 is accurate since it is not a Hilton quality of hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stay at this Red Roof Inn every year when I attend the NHRA National event in Englishtown, NJ. My most recent stay was May 31 - June 3. I always reserve a Superior King Room which is larger than the standard room, and includes a refrigerator and microwave. My room was clean and everything in it worked as it should. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, and the price can't be beaten. It is located right off of U.S. Route1 and there are many restaurants, stores and malls nearby. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: The Superior King Rooms (both Non smoking and Smoking) include a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Falmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed here for Princeton Reunions - it was definitely the best value hotel in the area. The rooms are clean / new and the staff is friendly (one of them even dropped us off at the train station!). Nothing fancy, but for the price it was great. You need to have a car or pay for a cab to get around, but even with the $30 / way cab ride to campus it was much cheaper than staying at other hotels. You also have to get food delivered to the place if you don't have a car, but apparently they are building a restaurant next doors. Basically, if you have a car this place is great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank foodlover135
Branchburg, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Worst customer service ever. After getting a quote for a King Superior room, I called back a few weeks later once I knew the dates I'd be staying and the guy pretty much denied ever speaking to me or giving me that rate, even though I wrote down his name (Ashesh, which is not something I could make up). At first they denied me the King Superior room because I told them I had a cat and they didn't have ANY that they allowed pets in, even though their whole company premise is that pets always stay for free. Then after some pleading they said they'd make an exception if I paid them extra which amounted to over $300 over the month. Their website explicitly states that pets stay free. Also, they mention that there's a free fitness facility nearby and when I called to ask about this, the front desk made up a name and said it was right down the road. When I was later speaking with the manager, he told me there was no gym nearby. They really need to get their stuff together and stop trying to lie and rip customers off. Badly managed motel...stay far, far away from here!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AnnabelleG123
I0198, General Manager at Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
I am truly sorry about your reservation and the confusion. But I have also pulled up your reservation and I also did not see anything about the rates you had thought you had for your booking. We at the hotel honor all previously made reservations and rates. Also I talked with Steve about this issue and he said could not find anything for the rates you quoted and he could not do anything without a confirmation. He did also mention that you had called him to cancel your reservation and he did not do it without your permission. It is unfortunate that this happened and you canceled your reservation as I am sure you would have liked our hotel.

I really wish you got a chance to actually walk into our property as it is very inviting and our customers continue to return whenever they are in the area. We spend a lot of time and money keeping our property up to date so that our guests can have the best experience while staying here.

Travellers are raving about these Monmouth Junction hotels

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was impressed with my one night stay at this motel. The price was very reasonable, and it was in a good area where I felt safe (primarily commercial and residential). The room was small (cozy), but the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean and had a pleasant scent. Most important, it was very quiet (I'm a very light sleeper and need a quiet room)!! I was impressed with the huge bathroom. I have stayed at Red Roof Inns in other states (West Virginia and Maryland), and have been satisfied with my stays at those locations. The only negative comment I have is that there weren't too many restaurants near this motel. I had to drive over 6 miles to find a restaurant that I was interested in (this was my first time staying in this motel, and I was not familiar with the surrounding area). The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She was on duty mid afternoon on Thursday, and also early Friday morning. I don't know her name, but she treated me with respect and courtesy. I definitely would stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: There aren't too many restaurants close to this motel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5.0 km away
Holiday Inn Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
#8 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK