All reviews on arrival excellent value style french cycling courses town comfort france
Reviewed 5 October 2014

I stayed at this hotel in late August, together with my brother. We booked through booking.com and our room was great, compared to the mountain huts we'd stayed before. Checked out and paid by cash. That's where the misery began.

When we got back home and checked the credit card bill, another full amount was deducted. Obviously there had been an error so I contacted the hotel by email. No response at all, after three tries. I contacted them by phone, and was referred to the director, who apparantly knew about the emails, but hadn't bothered to respond. He keeps insisting the situation is 'impossible'. He also insists he cannot speak english. Customer service is obviously not priority number 1 if you've paid already (double that is!).

I hoped to politely resolve this matter but more and more I am getting the idea that they are deliberately making no attempt to help me. My money has apparantly dissapeared into thin air. Trying to get it back via my CC company now..

Obviously, I would advise anyone to stay away from this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank RB_014
ETIGNY, Assistante de Direction at Hotel d'Etigny, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

In order to avoid a scandal we do not deserve, the contested amount was transferred back on the 6th October 2014.

In no case may our probity be questioned, and we deeply regret these spurious accusations made against us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rather odd but clean and comfortable enough. Reasonably priced too and well-situated. Breakfast not bad if limited. Staff varied from very helpful and charming to clueless or unhelpful. Luchon is lovely but I'd stay elsewhere on my next trip.

Room tip: Much quieter at the back overlooking the garden.
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Sammy209973
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were a group of eight people. We booked two rooms for four people, so 4x2: 8 people.
They asked 23€ per person, so 184€. We paid them by a transfer.

Once we arrived, they asked us for twice the price, so 46€ per person, explaining that it was a mistake of the Tourism Office.
We had our invoice. They said: "You are right but you must pay twice".

They are swindlers, liars and thieves.

We do recommend NOT TO GO to this hotel. They cheat on you.

Date of stay: July 2014
5  Thank alpinistaderevista
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Comfortable and well looked after. Richard Clayderman style piano music in the bar, waiters in bow ties. Probably suits Luchon well. I aged several years in order to fit in... Very expensive beer. Wine is better bet.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel has got bags of character and a true french feel. The room was quite basic and the beds not the most comfortable but it was perfectly adequate and very clean, spacious and with a nice en-suite bathroom. Decor throughout the hotel is quite 'retro' but I loved it and see this as part of the charm. Not a massive choice at the breakfast table, but fine, good quality and served by friendly staff. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and the quality of the food and service was truly excellent, more of a 5 star standard than 2 star! Location of the Hotel is very good being opposite a park, close to the thermal baths and only a short walk to the town centre. We were on a cycling trip and whilst there were no cycling specific facilities, the hotel was happy for us to keep bikes in the room which was plenty big enough and the staff took our bike boxes up to our room in the lift when we arrived. Overall a very nice experience and I would certainly use again.

Date of stay: September 2013