All reviewsfamily homevisit familynext morningplace to staystatelynewarkfurnishings
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We stayed here over Christmas to visit family newly moved to area.
What a wonderful find! Lovingly maintained family home that is welcoming and very comfortable. The innkeepers Art and Libby treat you as family. We stayed in the Summer suite, a king suite with en suite bathroom. I appreciated the black towel with word "makeup" so after face washing I don't mess up white towels!
The made to order breakfast was superb as was the presentation. The house was festively decorated with taste.
I can't wait to return in 2018!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have a unique perspective on Les Saisons. Upon arriving, at 11:45 p.m. in Newark on an eight hour delayed flight from New Orleans on our way home to Maine (we missed our connecting flight due to the delay), I was told by the United Airlines rep that there were no rooms available. We were assured when we chose to fly to Newark after the delay, that United would get a room for us! We could have stayed another night in New Orleans (which in hindsight would have been much better)! Also, now that we were stranded, all our clothes were in our bags already loaded on the morning flight.

We didn't quite believe that Newark and vicinity were sold out, so we proceeded to call about thirty hotels for the next 2 hours, and I finally found Les Saisons, a B&B. I called, and the proprietor, Art Richardson, replied. It was now about 2:20 in the morning and our morning flight boarded at 7:30 the next morning, but I was not big on sleeping in the airport on a chair. I am 73 with arthritis.

Initially, Art was not encouraging, having apparently received many such calls over the years, when the callers never show up, but I was insistent. He agreed, and we called Uber. The driver who was seven minutes away according to their AP arrived 45 minutes later! Bottom-line (I won't tell you about our harrowing ride!), we arrived at Les Saisons at 3:25 a.m.

Art was waiting for us! What a pleasant surprise after all the difficulties we had the rest of the day. He gave us the low down on his comfortable and welcoming place and escorted us to a large bedroom and bath with a King bed! His B&B is decorated with antiques in the French baroque style, and is large with several rooms. It was a welcome haven, and we conked out immediately as we had to get up at 5:00! Surprisingly, the 1-hour deep sleep refreshed us and we were on our way, with fresh hot coffee set up by Art. Breakfast was available too, but we didn't have time.

I understand Les Saisons sits on an acre lot with a fish pond and manicured gardens, however, since we arrived and left in the dark, I cannot attest to that. What I can attest to is that the proprietors are first-class people and I can't thank Art enough. Check them out, knowing service will not be an issue!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Spacious, historic, and super-comfortable. Very relaxed and welcoming. We had no trouble checking in and making the arrangements for the stay. Breakfast was entirely satisfying and we chatted with the owner in the kitchen. We have family nearby and we hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The only B & B in Maplewood, tucked away in a woodsy corner. Our room was good sized and airy with the ceiling fan, very comfortable king sized bed, with large and nicely appointed adjoining bath. Feels very private and quiet--didn't hear other guests at all and setting is so secluded and away from the street, there were no traffic noises either. Art is a terrific innkeeper and makes delicious breakfasts--cheese omelets, blueberry pancakes, excellent coffee. We enjoyed our 3 night stay and happily recommend Les Saisons for anyone looking for a special place to stay in the Maplewood area.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Summer" which was very quiet and comfortable. Did not see other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Maplewood NJ may not be on your list of places to go... But maybe it should be. It has great restaurants, parks, book stores, bakeries... And this little place to stay is just adorable. The owners make you feel right at home. I didn't want to leave because I wanted to hang out with them (and I am not much of a people person). The room was comfortable and clean and perfect for the power sleep I desperately needed. It is a simple place, not fancy at all. But in a way that is what is lovely about it. It brings you down to earth.

Room Tip: I had a blue room that had a little side area - it was lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo