“Poor Food and Service”
Review of The Rail

The Rail
Ranked #26 of 65 Restaurants in Manasquan
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was the first time that I visited "The Rail" and it will be my last. Upon entering the pub at 7:30 PM I stood by the hostess area and waited to be acknowledged. The female bartender and a female server were the only two employees in the restaurant. The bartender was serving patrons at the bar and the server was serving patrons at tables and talking to a man at the bar. After standing there for almost 5 minutes the server approached me and told me that it will be a few minutes before a table would be cleaned and she suggested that I sit at the bar. I told her that I would wait for a table. For the next several minutes she took care of the patrons at tables and talked with the same man at the bar. She then walked over to one of the dirty tables, cleaned it and told me that my table was ready. Upon sitting down she brought a menu and took my drink order. Upon returning with my beverage I ordered a Bowl of Potato Soup and a REUBEN WITH SWEET POTATO FRIES. About 15 minutes later she returned with the bowl of soup which was luke warm. It was good, but not hot. I was disappointed because I love Potato Soup. I finished the soup and about 15 minutes later she approached the table and told it that the food would be out in just a minute. About 5 minutes later she appeared and placed an order of fish & chips on the table in front of me. I told her that I ordered a Reuben and she stated that she must of taken the wrong order. Fifteen minutes later she returned with a REUBEN WITH FRENCH FRIES -- NOT SWEET POTATO FRIES. About 10 minutes later she returned to the table and asked how everything was. My answer to her was "OK." I didn't want to get into how the order was still wrong so I just said "OK." After finishing the dinner I asked for the check and the server returned with the bill and stated "I gave you a discount." I checked the bill and discovered that she had discounted the food portion of the bill 50%. I'm sure that she realized that the second order was wrong also. I paid the bill and left. The Reuben was average at best. I won't be back.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Went on a date because I heard they had great burgers. Not so good. My date got sick when we got home. Will not be back

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Almost did not stop when we read the mixed review. Staff were great! Very attentive. Loved the overall atmosphere and the music! Just fabulous. Now the good..... French onion soup was some of the best we ever had. Veggie burger? So I don't eat meat. However I am very picky about my veggie burger. This was the 2nd best I EVER had! Amazing and large. Could only eat half. I added grilled onions, Swiss cheese, bbq sauce and jalapeños. Amazing. See the pic. Yes mine is the big one. My husband had the southwestern burger. On a scale of 1-10, he said it was a 9. He loved the charbroiled taste. We shared an order of steak fries. Also good. Will be back!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

my families favorite burger is from the irish rail! I highly recommend this place for eat in (early) or take out.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We went for lunch here. It was not a cozy place but a typical bar & shots place. The food was not good. Will not go back.

1  Thank barb732