“Great local pub”

Manasquan Beach House
Ranked #43 of 64 Restaurants in Manasquan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Visit here every week or two. Always Friday evenings.
Always a great band playing. Drinks are good and food is excellent. We consider it OUR place in the winter(crazy in the summer from the vacation crowd)

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Just left here about an hour ago and was not really impressed with this establishment. When we entered we were greeted by the hostess and told her we had 7 people to dine. She then provided us with a table so small even 4 people were tight, so we pulled another table over to accommodate our party. Needless to say PLENTY of tables were available. Our waitress greeted us. We gave her our drink order and we placed our dinner order. During the course of our meal, several were with empty glasses of drinks. One member had to get her attention for refills. She took the order and didn't even bother to check with anyone. Finally, I had to stop her and get some drinks. After she those 3 waters and she finally asked how dinner was while most us were finished. Not good customer service. I had the parmigiana crusted chicken and others had steak sandwiches, crab cakes and fish tacos. I do have to say the food was very good! Probably have to think about another visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

We went for dinner on a Thursday night. Pleasantly surprised to find a trio of musicians playing. Fun music choices and I love the fact that they started playing at 7:00. It is nice to hear live music and not have to wait until 9:00 or 10:00 PM. My husband and I each ordered ribs and our son had a build your own burger. very good food. The ribs were fall off the bone tender, but still had a bite to them. My son said his burger was very good, and cooked the way he requested. The draft beer selection was nice, as was the service. All in all a nice dining experience. We will go back for sure!

Reviewed 29 November 2015

This place has been in existence for so many years - 40 that I can recollect, but under different names and with different owners, I am assuming.
We went to hear a band, specifically, which was what brought us here. The bar was packed and so were the high hats in the bar area, so we sat in an adjoining room because we wanted to eat anyway. The food was great and more than I expected from a bar-type atmosphere. I had a burger. You can select what you want the burger to be made from, select the topping, and then a sauce. Very interesting. I ordered a sirloin burger with cheddar and barbecue sauce and my husband had the blackened chicken sandwich. The rolls were great. Both came with very tasty fries. The wine was decent. The server, Mary, was excellent. You got a lot for your money.
There was a game on, and the crowd was more interested in the game than the band...guess they didn't know that a world renowned saxophone player was with the band. I'll never understand that, not being a big sports fan, but being a huge music freak.
All and all, there seemed to be a lot of locals and many people seemed to know each other. The age group varied from mid 30's up to middle aged.
All and all, we liked the place, and I'm sure that it gets crazy busy in the summer.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

We visited the Manasquan Beach House for dinner with some friends with varying degrees of satisfaction. Since we were there early and seated on the porch, noise was not a factor, a plus. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive, another plus. My wife's salad was loaded with craisins and walnuts - needed more balance. My crab cake sandwich was good, not great; it tasted slightly fishy.. Others in our group enjoyed their entrees. It is an improvement over its predecessor. We'll give it another try after Labor Day.