“Good food, live music, great drinks”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Mahwah
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: When you're looking for good food with family, a drink with friends, or even just a place to watch the game, come see what's cooking at the Mason Jar! We believe that variety is the spice of life so our menu is all about options. Choose from a crisp salad, mouth-watering BBQ, fresh seafood, and so much more! But don't forget about our famous Sunday brunch! Mason Jar also features a full bar with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday from 4-7pm. Grab a couple of co-workers and wind down after a long day with our signature cocktails and draft beers. With 8 big screen TVs, Mason Jar is the perfect place to watch the big game! Join us on Thursday nights during football season to cheer on your favorite team. We also host live music every Friday and Saturday night! Enjoy the weather out on our beautiful dog-friendly patio with your favorite pooch or a seat at our spacious bar. At Mason Jar, we want your visit to be a fun and enjoyable experience! We're committed to friendly service, delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere. When you're in the mood for food and fun, come down to Mason Jar for a good time!
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was staying at a hotel nearby & didn't want to eat fast food. My only complaint is that is was a little tricky figuring out how to get to the other side of Route 17. Thank goodness for GPS.

I had their Tex Mex Burger. It was delicious and cooked to perfection. The fries were great & I also enjoyed the pear ginger martini. VERY MUCH.

Another wonderful thing about this restaurant is that they had gluten free options for my companion.

sylvester007, Owner at Mason Jar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you very much, our goal is for all our customers to have a fine experience@ The Mason Jar.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We would give this restaurant a "minus" rating if we could. My husband and I had a long drive during the day and were staying at the hotel next to the resturant. We thought it would be nice just to walk across the parking lot and have an early dinner (~ 5:20 pm) at the Mason Jar. We had gone there on a previous trip and it was 'so-so' but we thought we would give it another try. BIG MISTAKE! We were seated quickly by one of the servers in the first booth in the long, narrow dining room that runs the full length of the front of the restaurant. He said our server would be right with us. Well, we waited and waited -- no one came so I went to the hostess station (which was about 10 feet from our booth) and asked if anyone can serve us ? The hostess was surprised by my question, said "Oh" and went off to another room. I went back to the booth and we again waited -- then two servers walked pass our table -- we caught the eye of one of them -- she said "Oh" and asked if we wanted anything to drink. We ordered a beer and some water -- but instead of going to get the drinks she proceeded to join the other server with whom she had entered the dining room to start putting together 6-7 tables at the far end of the room for what looked like preparations for a big party -- but we were the only people in the whole room and no other people were waiting to be seated !!! At that point we had had enough and told her across the room that we were tired of waiting and to cancel the beer order that she had not yet placed. All she said was 'Oh' . We left NEVER TO RETURN !!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Was staying at the fairfield next to this place, walked over for a few beers with some friends and as soon as we walked to the bar the stench was horrible. I can drink pretty much anywhere , im not a fancy guy but it smelled like raw swarage, gross ...we walked out and will never return.

sylvester007, Owner at Mason Jar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

We have been serving many people, never, ever heard a comment like that....We have every positive health clearance, regularly clean all our floors and bathrooms....I do take offense to your review.....Our manager or owners were never made privy to this problem.....

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Service super slow. Food super bland. Cool atmosphere, but still...this was really disappointing. Won't be back.

sylvester007, Owner at Mason Jar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Sorry your experience was not what you expected....We are constantly working on doing our best, Ira Kaplin

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went back to this pub type restaurant after almost 20 years. It used to have great brunch and lunch and was always busy. It still looks exactly as it did back then but the food was terrible. I am giving it one star since that's as low as I can.

We both ordered steak sandwiches. I ordered the "special" sliced rib steak and my wife got the sliced prime rib. They both arrived steaming- overdone, thin sliced, no flavor. They were obviously cooked earlier in the day (or week) and put in a steamer or microwave. The prime rib was more like pot roast except much fattier. There was more fat than meat. We both got the french fries and they were soggy, greasy, and basically inedible. Really bad.

The beer selection was pretty good so there were several people at the bar. There were only two other people in the dining room when we ate. Oh, and the food arrived in about 7 minutes so not cooked to order.

Sorry we did not meet your expectations....We are constantly working to do our best, Ira Kaplin

Been to Mason Jar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK