All reviews waffles room was clean front desk waffle maker coffee table would stay here again quick trip fridge and microwave stayed here for one night new york city free breakfast a great stay booked this hotel staff was very friendly convenient location hampton inn route
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We stopped here on our way to and from various college tours and were happily surprised by this hotel. The exterior is nothing special, and its convenient location seems noisy and chaotic. But our room was very quiet! Beds and pillows were all extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Included wi-fi and breakfast and coffee to-go.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reza H, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Spent a single night last weekend at the Comfort Suites Mahwah whilst up in the area to attend a funeral. I was cautiously optimistic based on the other reviews here on TripAdvisor, though cannot say things quite lived up to my expectations.

As noted in another review, the room was not really a suite per se — rather a room with a sitting area with a sofa (sofabed) and coffee table, separated from the bed by a quarter wall. Bed was comfortable enough, and the room had your standard chain hotel decor. Bathroom was also pretty standard issue, but reasonably large (though not what I’d call spotlessly clean). Oh, and provided toiletries were…pretty crap.

Primary disappointments were with noise from other rooms (both walls and ceiling quite thin), and rather paltry breakfast offerings. Although clearly not full up for the night, I seemed to both beside and beneath occupied rooms with guests who cared little about their neighbors. Doors slammed, loud chatter, and some running about (I would assume by a kid), all quite audible in my own room. Also as noted in another review, the location of the hotel on beside a fairly busy thoroughfare meant there was traffic noise as well, which I could hear through the night despite being in a room at the back of the hotel (ie. away from said thoroughfare).

Breakfast left much to be desired — rather rubbery fried eggs (which really looked artificial), greasy sausage, mini-cinnamon rolls and micro-blueberry muffins that were cheap junk, all served with very thin paper plates and plastic utensils. I get that this was not the Four Seasons, but it all just came off as bare-minimum blah. Guess I could’ve had a bowl of Fruit Loops.

A few other remarks. Check-in and check-out were both fairly quick and efficient. Wifi seemed to work fine. Location right on Route 17, a 4-lane road that’s heavily trafficked, means that even if you’re at the back of the hotel, you’ll hear it. Also, as the hotel’s on the southbound side, if you’re driving north, you’ll have to exit, loop around and get back on the southbound side to get in to the hotel itself.

Anyway, bottom line — if for whatever reason you find yourself up in this corner of New Jersey, I suppose you could do a lot worse. If you bring earplugs, your own toiletries and eat out for breakfast, you may be fine. I guess I was expecting just a tad more for what I paid.

Room Tip: To minimize noise from Rt. 17, you may want to request a room in the back...though you'll likely still hear it.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Erik D

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

It was great experience with comfort inn. We checked in around 2 am on sunday night after long drive. But checking was quick and desk clerk were informative. Rooms was nice clean. The thing i like which was hot water as soon as u turn on tap.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We were overnight for an Alumni event at our Alma Mater. Check in was quick. The room was spacious with a king bed & sofa bed, small microwave & refrigerator. The room was clean. The hotel is on Route 17 but we did not hear traffic noise. It is close to numerous stores of all types, restaurants, supermarkets. The breakfast buffet, free with stay, was sumptuous featuring fruit & yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot meats, eggs, english muffins, mini muffins. I enjoyed making a Belgian waffle. Fruited water is available in the lobby all day. The bed was surprisingly comfortable & I am not a great sleeper. I liked the 4 pillows on top of the bed, very welcoming.
When in the area, we would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reza H, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I have stayed at many hotels in the Mahwah area and this one is the best of them all. With easy friendly check in, clean large rooms, good complementary breakfast, and quick check out in the morning you can't go wrong when booking this hotel. I look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo