All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfront deskwaffle makercoffee tablewould stay here againquick tripfridge and microwavestayed here for one nightnew york cityfree breakfasta great staybooked this hotelstaff was very friendlyconvenient locationhampton innroute
Reviewed 4 October 2014

I stayed in Sept. at the Comfort Suites for 2 weeks. The staff was always nice and helpful. The room was always kept clean and the beds were very very comfortable. The rooms are equipped with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and all the little soap things. Everything worked great. More closet space would be nice for the extended stay type of client like myself, but it worked. I would like to see some shower bath upgrades as its just a one piece fiberglass type and was not in great shape. The provided breakfasts are what you expect. Good breads/pastries selection, some eggs, sausage, and waffles. Yogurts and fruits too. Coffee was great! Not really convenient for restaurants or places to directly walk to. But it is right off the highway for easy on easy off access.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Toastman
Reza H, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

We very much appreciate your feedback. Your comments serves as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

I took a trip down to the Comfort Suites in mahwah New Jersey expecting my stay to be pleasant but instead it end up being a scary horrendous experience. The breakfast area was small and everything was drenched in oil. I requested extra blankets which they snapped at me for. finally I two huge stink bugs on the ceiling obove my bed. I fought my fears and caught the insect in a cup and brought it to the front desk. The manager wasnt on duty, so they called him and took a guess saying they always have stink bugs in the area, (how do you take a guess without being there?) and a big deal out of nothing
(his words). He was rude and disturbing and chose to talk over me the entire time. I was so shocked how unprofessional he was, you couldnt pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2014
Reza H, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Dear Madam:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay experience. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. I have also discussed your comments with the front desk staff who was on duty then. Please also accept his sincere apology.

I was the night manager when you arrived the night before. You requested a crib which we gladly told you we will put one in your room. But when you found out that the room is equipped with a sofa bed, you requested for blanket and sheets instead. We gave you a set of blanket / sheets. We gladly gave a second set of blanket/sheets upon your request.

I believe the main issue was you checked out in the morning, signed the check out papers but decided to stay in the room. It is the front desk responsibility to make sure that all guests who have checked out , have vacated the room so the room could be serviced. Finally, someone had to open the window during your stay and the stink bug were attracted to the warm air.

Again, thank you for your stay. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Mahwah.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Traveling with friends to a reunion in Monroe, NY, a week before the reunion we were unable to reserve a room anywhere near Monroe. This particular weekend the area was filled with visiting parents to summer camps and weddings everywhere. We found this hotel right on Route 17 and it was painless to drive back and forth to Monroe as well as to Woodbury commons for outlet mall shopping. The management couldn't have been more friendly, and the suite was comfy with a king bed and a very adequate sitting area. The complimentary breakfast was the standard breakfast of Comfort Inns. However, the hotel was kind enough to keep the food available past the closing time. It's definitely a hotel we'll return to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Traffic on route 17 is horrible, better hit the turn or you will find yourself making a couple U-turns to get back. Parking is at a minimum as well. Staff was not overly freindly but okay. Room was clean but the bed was a bit saggy and uncomfortable. Breakfast was okay and you better pick a good time to eat otherwise you may find yourself eating in the lobby like I saw other guests doing as there was not enough seating. They should take those couches out of there and put more tables and chairs for the guests to eat breakfast. The Treadmill was broken in the fitness room as well. If I go to Mahwah again, I will choose another place to stay, it was clean but average in quality at best for me. I was booked for 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Whitt-Trp
Reza H, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am sorry that you had to deal with Route 17 traffic. Your comments in regards to the breakfast room is noted. We are in process of redecorating the entire breakfast area, removing the couches and adding more seating.

We certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay with us a very pleasant one.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night and we were very pleased. Service was great! I forgot my toothpaste at home and was delighted to hear that it is complimentary. They even brought it to my room. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reza H, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest in regards to their recent stay at our hotel. We also thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel.

I appreciate and value your feedback and have shared it with our team. Your kind words will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.