“Love NJ Pizza!”

Romanelli's Italian Eatery
Ranked #31 of 75 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I lived in Madison 30+ years ago and came through on a visit. I really miss NJ/NY pizza! Was going to visit my aunt and uncle and picked up some pizzas to bring over. It did not disappoint. We ordered the pizza by phone and it was ready and hot when we picked it up.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Romanelli’s is a nice pizzeria that reminds me of a cafeteria style setting where you pick up a tray and go down the line and order what you want. They offer a good selection of pizzas and other Italian dishes. My wife and I tried a slice of the Spinach Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza; both very good tasting with crisp crust. If you want, they do have a separate dining area.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Have been to this place 7 or 8 times since last year-every visit, every time the pizza was great, customer service -not so much though. I tried the pasta for the first time and it was delicious-plan on trying the sandwiches on my next visit, hopefully they will step up their customer service game though-lost a "star" for that!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I'm a fan of "quick in and quick out" when I am grabbing a bite to eat during the week. This place totally fits that bill. Pizza variations are avaialble quickly - salads and sides are there for the choosing - the wait staff is pleasant and helpful if you have a little one with you. Does anything "stand out" as far as the food is concerned? Not really but a spot like this the convenience stands out as much as any other part of the restaurant. I needed help to my table (holding little hands) and one of the counter people was quick to jump in and help me to the table.

Is this haute cuisine? no - but you won't go there thinking it is. Is it comfortable with good food and casual attitude? Definitely! Hit here for dinner before the movies down the street!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Have been here several times, the food is consistently good and fast. The pizza is very good and the service is average.

Date of visit: November 2014