All reviews medieval times port authority front desk new york bus stop parking garage nj transit my family and i stayed here marriott courtyard standard courtyard breakfast buffet lincoln tunnel clean hotel visiting nyc comfortable beds indoor pool min drive
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I've stayed at several Courtyard properties in the past year. The Courtyard in Lyndhurst was probably the worst. The carpeting in the hallway seemed worn, the room furnishings were not in good shape, the air conditioning was very noisy. The lobby looked like it had been updated recently, but that's where the updating appeared to end. And I feel compelled to mention a laminated card that was left on the pillow that contained what I consider to be an inappropriate message for a hotel catering to the general public. The message read:

Welcome

Our prayer is that your stay here will be restful
and that your travels will be fruitful.

May the Lord bless and keep you, and make
His face shine upon you.

All Grace,
Moody National Management

Regardless of one's faith, I don't consider that to be an appropriate message to leave for hotel guests.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. All corridors and public spaces were renovated in 2015. We are an award winning hotel for cleanliness and continuously exceed Marriott Brand Standard Quality Assurance reviews. We are sorry we were not the correct choice for you.
The blessing cards have been met with wonderful feedback, I am sorry you did not approve of it, but can assure it is easily removed upon request, overlooked or simply turned over should any guest disapprove of it.

Thank you again for your feedback we wish you the best.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stayed three nights in this hotel. I was a little put off that there were no microwaves in the room, because I thought I read in the description they would be. However, the rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. Also, for the price I paid, I thought we would have nicer rooms and that they would be next door to each other. The check in process took quite a while due to the fact that they had booked the two rooms on two floors. The rooms we did get had a terrible view. All in all, however, we were in clean, safe, quiet rooms and were able to get to NYC relatively easily. The Newark station is a quick 15 minute drive away with parking right at the station. The parking cost us less than the bus which was recommended, being that we were a group of six. No shuttle was mentioned to me when I asked about transportation to the train depot.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Used to stay here years ago, it was the standard Courtyard, with just a breakfast buffet. Now, the restaurant far outweighs the rooms. The rooms were somewhat grey and dark, outdated bathrooms and dark furniture, but it does serve the purpose. Most other Courtyards are much brighter. Thought the restaurant just served pre-made food from the microwave, but what a surprise. Was there for business and at first, ate there just for convenience sake, but the food was awesome! High quality, varied menu, and decent prices. Very personable bartender and excellent service.

Room Tip: Skip the first floor rooms, too dark and dreary
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your very nice review. We appreciate your honest feedback and great review of our Bistro quality and Team.
We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Bret Esbrandt

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Room was comfortable, thought a little bit dated. Service was responsive. Location was great for commuting to NYC, and the highway to EWR always has good traffic. I'd recommend tourists to stay here if you're finding a Manhattan alternative.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Generally good service and a nice place to visit.
Last visit, which will be my last ever visit, not so much.
Housekeeping needs help understanding what clean is. Not going into it here, but I will not return to this property ever.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ron M
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we did not meet your needs. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Bret Esbrandt