All reviews medieval times port authority front desk new york bus stop parking garage nj transit my family and i stayed here marriott courtyard standard courtyard breakfast buffet lincoln tunnel clean hotel visiting nyc comfortable beds indoor pool min drive
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Room was comfortable, thought a little bit dated. Service was responsive. Location was great for commuting to NYC, and the highway to EWR always has good traffic. I'd recommend tourists to stay here if you're finding a Manhattan alternative.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Generally good service and a nice place to visit.
Last visit, which will be my last ever visit, not so much.
Housekeeping needs help understanding what clean is. Not going into it here, but I will not return to this property ever.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ron M
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we did not meet your needs. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Bret Esbrandt

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I should have probably written long ago since I stay here almost every month and the service is awesome. But I really have to thank Catherine, Mariana and Herman for elevating the customer experience.

My bag needed a couple of screws to hold the handle together, and the team went into action to assist.. very ad hoc stuff. Again, should have probably written before since every time I come their attentiveness is 100% focused on the customer, and they treat you like royalty..

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you very much for your great feedback regarding our service and team at The Courtyard by Marriott, Lyndhurst NJ. It was our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel isn’t in the best of locations. The property adjoins a couple warehouses.

When we checked in we were told that our room was complimentary and there would be $20 hold on our card for incidentals. A little bit of a surprise but I thought maybe my wife booked the room and used our points. About twenty minutes later while walking through the lobby we were told that the lady made a mistake and our room was not complimentary. Although I was expecting to pay for the room before arrival I feel that they made the mistake and should have honored the free room. It’s like buying a car for one price and dealer telling you they made a mistake and you owe an additional $1,000 a week later.

From our room we had a great view of the warehouses, a parking garage and a cemetery on the hill. The air conditioner in the room sounded like a tractor trailer starting up after a stop anytime it kicked on which was quite frequently.

The hotel does NOT offer a free continental breakfast in the mornings.

This would not be first or second choice for a stay during a future visit to the area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we fell short of your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Very friendly and efficient staff. This Marriott courtyard Has a parking garage with a skywalk to the hotel, which is a great convenience during bad weather. Rooms are clean and comfortable, 100% Marriott standards.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you very much for your great review of the Courtyard by Marriott, Lyndhurst NJ. It was our honor and pleasure to serve your lodging needs!