“Go Hungry I'm NOT kidding...”

HAROLD'S NEW YORK DELI
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Near Teterboro Airport
Description: Near Teterboro Airport
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Harold's harkens back to the delis that ar no longer around in the New York style. If in Manhattan you MUST go to Katz's they are the only 'real' deli left, but let's get back to Harold's.
When you walk into Harold's on the right you can't but notice their deserts. Foot long eclairs, gargantuan (always wanted to use that word) cakes and pies that look like they were made for giants.
That is a preview of what to expect when you order your meal. I have been there numerous times and have never left without a doggie bag I'm a pretty good eater but cannot finish their sandwiches. The last time I took a friend and we had a platter of three meats, corned beef, tongue and pastrami = carnivore heaven. They have a pickle bar across from the desert display and rye bread abound, just in case you finish the half loaf that's placed on the table.
One note when ordering specify how you like your meat, I like mine juicy with a good fat content, the wife likes her meat with almost no fat. They will give you what you want but you have to ask.
Darn it's 5:40 in the morning and my mouth is watering for pastrami.

If your in the area and like deli fare you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. The unlimited pickle bar is good. The portions are insane we went as a party of 6 ordered 4 super sized sandwiches and it was way too much. The food is delicious not an ounce of fat on any of the corned beef pastrami or brisket. The desserts also insane we had the 7 layer cake and it was unbelievable.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Meh.
We were not there to partake in the " huge portion meals", we each just wanted a regular dinner. My husband and son enjoyed their burgers. I got a grilled cheese, it was awful – I do not recommend.
The pickle bar had a choice of four different style pickles, coleslaw, and rolls. worlds largest? I don't know about that... but the pickles and coleslaw were good.
Dining room was basic.
We will go somewhere else next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We had a pastrami and corned beef combo sandwich for two of us to share, along w sweet potato fries.

The portions are huge! We took more home than we ate at the restaurant.

Very fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

So much food that we had to add a table to accommodate the plates. Pickle bar offering dills and koshers and peppers. Slice of cheesecake will feed 4. The potato cake was the size of a small pizza. Giant size onion rings. Pastrami and corned beef sandwiches that have to be cut to eat. Outstanding service.