“"A Delicious Taste of Spain"”
Review of Segovia Steakhouse

Segovia Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Segovia Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Little Ferry
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This past weekend our party of four had the pleasure of dining at the Segovia Steakhouse and Seafood Restaurant in Moonachie, (A.K.A. Little Ferry), New Jersey. We were advised by my daughter, who had dined there on Friday evening, to arrive by 6PM or experience an extended wait for a table. She was right, because by 7PM all the tables were taken. She also advised me, that "dad your going to love the menu selections, from the appetizers through the entrees to the desserts", and she was right about that, as well. Being of Spanish descent and having experienced my mother's Spanish preparation of food, as well as having dine, over the years, in a number of Spanish restaurants, I can accurately report that my dining experience at Segovia's brought back delicious memories. Our party of four started with a full pitcher of red Sangria wine and we shared two appetizers: the chorizos (sliced grilled spicy Spanish sausage) and mussels (1LB) in tomato sauce. With your selected dinner entree you have a choice of a salad in an olive oil vinegar dressing or the house soup. Our party of four selected two salads and two soups. Three members of our foursome each chose the one and one quarter pound lobster stuffed ( with crab meat/shrimp) and I chose the broiled twin fillets of sole stuffed ( with crab meat/shrimp). All entrees were accompanied with generous portions of saffron flavored yellow rice, fried thin potatoes and veggies. For dessert, two members of our party of four selected the Tartufo and the Custard Pistachio Gelato Cup, while the remaining two members selected a double espresso and cappuccino. Trust me when I tell you that we thoroughly enjoyed all of our menu selections. The Segovia Restaurant menu is bountiful with meat and seafood choices, as well as several other menu items and we will certainly be back again. In my opinion, given the quality of the food, quantity and preparation, the menu is moderately priced.The smartly attired wait staff is attentive and polite. The restaurant has a full service bar and an excellent Sangria. As we exited Segovia's at around 8PM there was standing room only at the bar and a line of patrons, out the door, waiting to be seated. Please note Segovia's does not accept reservations but it does have ample parking.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is an excellent resteraunt, and what makes it even better are the special they
have on Most Monday and Tuesday nights. We have been here many times on a
Monday night for one of their lobster specials. I had twin Steamed Lobsters for $19.99.
the dinner comes with salad, rice, their delicious home made potato chips, and fresh
garden vegetables. The lobsters were so........sweet that you did not need butter on
them. I usually bring my own crack'n tools because I love EVERY LITTLE BIT of
these twins. My husband had the steak tidbits marcella...he loved it as well. That
was $22.,00. IMPORTANT: You have to know about this special, because they do not
advertise it IN the restaurant. It is advertised in local newspapers.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Great food and service ! We had a great time at a birthday party. Good drinks and great food. Wish the place was a little bigger because it's packed on the weekends

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The service is A1 and can not be obtained anywhere else. Along with this the portions are huge so you better hope you can eat a whole lot when you decide to go. I am a repeat customer and I do not think I am going to stop going any time soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has the worst service ever! I got there at 6:20pm they gave me a 45min wait, I went to get an update at 7:30 and Paul the manager told me there is a party of 7 before you right after you will be seated, by 7:45 I went to get another update the lady in the front told me there is a party of 7 then you will be seated, it's 8:00 already they sat a party of 10 who arrive way after I did and they sat the party of 7. They totally didn't acknowledge the fact that they had told me they will sit me after the party of 7 and continued to sit the party of 10, but I guess because of the color of my skin and since I am a minority I wasn't a priority to them. Then the manager Paul I pulled him aside to tell him what had happened he didn't even try and accommodate my family and I, I even explained to him that my mother is a diabetic and we had been waiting for 2 hours with a 45 minute wait time. He gave me an attitude told me he was sorry and walked away, as if I wasn't going to pay for my service. I was very disgusted by his approach had never been to this restaurant was going to try it out for the first time today since I have heard such great reviews about it, but they proved me wrong and I will not be returning to that restaurant and neither will I recommend it to anyone. Also, any social media platform I can to use to share my experience I will! I will also let them know how Paul the manager was very rude and disrespectful. So if you are a minority be careful cause you will not be treated with respect or acknowledge at this restaurant!

2  Thank candy2206