“Hamilton's Grill Room Stumbled But On Track To Regain Its' Stars!”

Hamilton's Grill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Hamilton's Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 50 Restaurants in Lambertville
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Union Street
Description: Garden seating inside and out. Catering on and off site: Weddings, Cocktail Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal / Baby Showers, Anniversaries, Graduations, Fundraisers, Birthdays, Christening / Confirmations, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Holiday Celebrations, Business Events, Corporate Meetings, Team Building -Cooking Classes. Established in 1986. Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River and surrounded by quaint antique shops and art galleries, it is the remarkable creation and signature of award-winning​ Broadway set designer and restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful and sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fabled Lambertville eatery Hamilton's Grill Room, -- whose heralded much-loved owner / chef (Jim Hamilton) passed away in early 2018 -- , suffered a culinary decline in food and service over the last two years. This writer is reliably informed a new well-known successful restauranteur recently bought the restaurant. As a result of this new owner's purchase, whom this writer knows, I think Hamilton's Grill Room will recoup its' status quickly as a top regional eatery.

My three guests and I last evening had a generally good meal. Service was excellent. Two dining companions raved about their main course, cod with a well-flavored yoghurt-based sauce, and our other diner feassted on sautéed scallops. My own rack of lamb, ordered medium-rare, unfortunately was cooked "medium", though nicely seasoned it was. It was served on a bed of escarole which though sautéed was barely warm.

An array of interesting desserts are offered. All in all, this was a most felicitous dinner in an elegant setting: Indeed aesthetically, it's the most elegant eatery around for many miles around.

In the coming months, I encourage diners to revisit Hamilton's Grill Room.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been coming to this restaurant for many years, but have not been able to go for quite a few years now. We were so fortunate as to meet family there for dinner this past weekend and everything was as delicious as ever. All of our appetizers and mains were prepared perfectly, the staff was delightful and the ambiance charming. Always nice when it is a BYO too so we knew we would enjoy the wines we had brought. It was a lovely evening all around.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had dinner based on a friend's recommendation. We made a reservation a few days in advance. We were seated immediately and the waiter was very attentive. The food was served quickly and was delicious. Dessert was very good too. The ambience was to our liking as well as it is quaint and a BYOB..

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Hamilton Grill Room has the potential to be a wonderful dining experience but it falls short on all counts. It is ideally situated in the heart of Lambertville and has a pretty ambience to the decor. I enjoyed my seasonal salad and the assistant to the wait staff was professional, respectful and a wonderful person to speak with. These are the only reasons for my generous 2 stars and this is where the good news ends. We recently returned with friends after a disappointing dinner last year. We won't go back a third time. The wait time between the appetizers and the entrees was over an hour. As we received no explanation we inquired about the delay. Our server said, "Well, you just have to wait." That was her response. She did not offer to check on our order or give us any estimate of how much longer it would take or an apology for the back-up. I suspect they threw our meals together when they realized we waited over 90 minutes. It was disgusting. The food is not good. In fact, it qualifies as bad. My salmon was salty and fishy. It was terrible. Of the four of us, no one enjoyed their meal. I wish we had walked out earlier. My final complaint is about the acoustics of the building. Granted, it was a crowded Saturday night. The noise level was so loud I could not hear my guests and my ears began to ring. I was actually worried that it could cause hearing loss. Upon leaving I had that muffled sensation that one experiences after leaving a loud rock concert. Lambertville has a lot of decent restaurants. I don't know how the Hamilton's Grill Room manages to stay in business.

1  Thank AnAdventureAddict
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I always get the impression that this is a go-to eatery for folks who all know each other and the management/staff that work there. It's pricey and distinctly mediocre. Last time I was there, I had taken a friend for his birthday. The server acted as if I weren't even sitting there, while she invasively chatted with my dinner companion. The food was good enough at two-thirds the price, but I won't go back.