Free cancellation until 02/08
ClarionHotels
US$ 121
US$ 98
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
US$ 148
US$ 144
US$ 155
US$ 140
Element.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 158/night.

US$ 154
US$ 150
SpringHill Suites
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$ 92
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$ 143
US$ 121
All reviewsthe main houseget awayalpacassuiteweekendmileandersondoetreatsbridge
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I booked a room here for my wife and I to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I only give it one star out of five because I can't give it zero. I have nothing positive to say at all. We stayed in a "room" called Vincent's Hideaway. Why the quotes around "room"? Because it's really an attic in a very old house. You open the door and immediately hit a small, very steep staircase with a low ceiling. I'm lucky I didn't bang my head. At the top of the stairs, you are in the room. A king-size bed takes up 80% of the room. Ceilings are low and slanted; walking around the bed I could not stand up straight. The room was very warm, and all it had for cooling was one small, inadequate window air conditioner. We wanted to lie down, relax, and watch some TV - except that the room didn't have a TV. There was no TV in the building. The carpet was old and stained (see pictures below). The ceiling was old and stained. And the bathroom.... The bathroom was very big for reasons I don't understand. The shower was nasty, a small fiberglass stall. How's this for toiletries - a half-used bottle of Suave Body Wash. (See pictures again.) There was a note by the toilet saying that since the property had an old septic system, they only provided one-ply toilet paper. At bedtime, the only way we got the room to cool down at all was to completely close the bathroom door, which turned the bathroom into a sauna.

Now, on to the breakfast part.... Breakfast was a fruit cup, French toast and sausage. Sounds good.... well, the fruit cup was honeydew with a little orange and two raspberries. Not awful, but then the main course arrived. When I think about French toast at a bed & breakfast, I picture big, thick, fresh bread. Wrong. We each got two pieces of basic store-brand white bread, served along side two small sausage links (probably Hillshire Frams). Beverages? You had to get up and get those yourself. I'm leaving out the butler's pantry - you know, the mini-fridge with the rotten lemon in it.

Thankfully we ate dinner at a good place in town, so the weekend wasn't a complete disaster. But the Chimney Hill sure was. I'd sleep in my car - hell, I'd sleep in the street - before I would ever pay one penny to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve S
Richard A, Executive Vice President at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Upon your arrival you were given my personal cellphone number for you to call if you had any questions or issues. I never received a phone call from you. It is our intention to as we have done for 22 years create an environment where guest and have a great experience. You were staying in the home of Hollywood actress Kate French. The estate home was built by Margret Spencer in 1927. Vincent Hideaway is third floor room with five windows. It isn't an attic. The room is decorate with original artwork. The carpet wasn't stained when you check into the room. So I assume you spilled something on the rug and wrote this horrible review to cover it up. You will still be held responsible for this damage. You forgot to mention in the butler pantry refrigerator is complimentary beer, wine, soda and ice tea for the guests enjoyment. ( not sure why the lemon was there) When you checked out you received an e-mail with a chance to tell me if the stay didn't meet your expectations and give me a chance to make it right. You chose instead to write this inaccurate review. I will review your comments with our staff and we will strive to make improvements where ever we are able. I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We just got away for a couple days here, the estate consists of a few stone buildings, greenhouse and a small barn for the few alpacas in residence. Off the road and quiet, this place is a perfect escape from stress. The room was comfortable, bed big and firm lots of pillows and covers. Natural light from windows was great, not harsh. Toiletries were very nice smelling. The decor is somewhere between Victorian and kitschy, very well put together. The dining room is cozy with views of the property, there is a pantry where the owner leaves homemade treats (cookies, blueberry pie) for the guests. The breakfasts were really excellent, plenty and delicious: pancakes with sausages and Canadian bacon one day, scrambled eggs with hash browns and sausage the next. They start you with warm, sweet fruit confection (banana, then apples). Coffee, juice are self serve. Owner is very pleasant and explained the story behind the alpacas in the property. The alpacas, all boys, are shy except when they see you have treats for them. They sell alpaca food baggies on the inn as well. There is a small store on the property where they sell little crafts, some made of alpaca wool, as well as books and local paintings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have nice views of the road and property.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jorgito715

Thank you for your review. It is our intention to create an environment where our guests can have a great experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I found this B&B last minute on Travelocity and got what I thought would be a good deal on a room for one night in Lambertville at $120. This was my first time ever staying in a B&B so I didn't really know what to expect. Upon arriving at the estate I was trying to figure out where I enter to register and Rich (the manager?) opens one of the front doors and took me to the back of the building where the tiny office is and handed me a key to Room #2 in the main house which had a private bathroom with it but across the hall (3 feet away). I found this to be no problem even for a person who has to use it a couple of times in the middle of the night. There was a window unit for A/C and no TV. The main house I thought was very old but charming as was my room and bathroom just as I would expect a B&B. My low rating is for the service I got. After receiving my key from Rich, I never saw another human being again. No other guests or workers of any kind were anywhere and it made me feel like I was staying in someone's home by myself with them not there. The butlers pantry was empty except for some cans of coke and not enough ice to fill one glass and there was no refridgerator anywhere which was unfortunate because I had some things I wanted to put in it. The bathroom didn't even have a bar of soap, just some body wash and a tiny container of shampoo and I had to make do with them. The bed I found reasonably comfortable and I got up early at 6:30am as I usually do but there was no coffee anywhere which is a must for me so I decided that it wasn't worth staying around for their breakfast which is served at 9am. As I was leaving I still never saw anyone although I did notice that now there were two other cars in the parking lot. I had no idea what to do with my room key so I just left it sitting on the office window ledge. To tell you the truth, I just couldn't wait to get out of there. This was the cheapest room I could find in the Lambertville area but I still would expect more amenities for my money.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank iruninnj

Thank you for your review. It is our intention to create an environment where our guests can have a great experience. You were given my personal cellphone to call for any issues or questions. There is always coffee in the butler pantry. If you needed anything all you had to do is call. I apologize that we didn't meet you expectations.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This is our 5th time at Chimney Hill Estate and it won't be our last ! Located on Goat Hill Rd in Lambertsville,NJ tucked away in a secluded area, you couldn't find a more peaceful and charming place to spend a few days. Richard, the owner, couldn't be anymore accomadating and nice. We always stay at the barn #3 with the spiral staircase and jacuzzi, plenty of space to layout and relax. Then there is the home cooked breakfast which is alway fresh and plentiful !! Doesn't get better then this !! Can't wait to return.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Terry A, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you for your review!
We hope you can come back again for another visit.
Thank you!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

After 10 great years of visiting our favorite B&B in the area I have to sadly say that I will not be returning. My friend and I arrived yesterday to a very unfriendly innkeeper and a completely empty and cold house. With almost no amenities or heat we spent the night alone in a place that had become run down and unloved After many great visits of warmth and history we realized that it was a shell of itself from before. We look forward to breakfast which was always a wonderful and great experience only to find out that our breakfast was cold and distasteful with coffee that was unworthy of B&B quality
I very rarely write reviews and most of the time they are to praise a place that I've been. But I'm sorry to say and I can't say anything nice about Chimney Hill Estates. If the innkeepers come back to treated the way they did when we first started visiting it we would be happy to come back otherwise we will find another place to frequent.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank JackieM23
Terry A, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to disappoint you and will be working on improvements.