“Good food and an intimate setting”

Star Of India Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 22 May 2017

My wife, mother, daughter and I had dinner here in mid-May. While service was a little slow, the food was very good and very filling. My wife and mother shared an order of Tandoori Chicken and could not finish it. My daughter had a dish with lentils, and was happy. I had the Chicken Peshawari. I ordered it mild, but it was a little on the spicy side. I enjoyed it, and finished it the next night. My wife liked it more than the Tandoori The waitress also threw in a side of naan bread, which was good. The price was very reasonable.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

What Happened? We used to eat here at least once a month and order the same items for about 15 years. Not any more. The waitress was more interested in talking to her friends. The shrimp was old, Father William. My wife's chicken was rubbery. And, can you believe this? The spices were bland. We know the owner was ill and were glad to hear he was OK. We're not. Oh, I forgot to mention...the prices have gone up. Oh, did I mention? She forgot the raita (sp?) we ordered.

2  Thank Kenvil63
Reviewed 14 April 2017

It's been an ongoing thing.. they deliver, they don't deliver. The would deliver for a $5.00 fee.. okay. I could pay that. then no delivery again. ( this is going on 2 years) .
I thought i'd check in again to see if they deliver. I just saw they will deliver on a Friday for 100.00 minimum order. My orders are usually between 50.00 and 60.00 I guess it's the Sunrise Diner again. I guess business is good.. no need for the extra service:(

Reviewed 18 January 2017

It is reassuring to walk into an Indian restaurant populated by Indian diners. It is the real deal. You can choose your degree of spiciness. The wait staff is helpful and friendly although some of the discussions are lost in translation. Good food at good prices

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Food was ordered to our Hotel Room and arrived within a reasonable time. Food was very good and was packed very well and portion size was very good. The only suggestion I have is that when given an opinion, to accept it graciously.