“Excellent food. Dicey parking.”

La Griglia Seafood Grill & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Griglia Seafood Grill & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26th Street
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I met friends who were regulars at La Griglia. I was in town from out of state on business. The food was excellent. I had the Potato Encrusted Snapper, and would recommend it highly. My friends had the bone-in Filet, and the Dover Sole. All were great. Prices are in range considering the quality of the food and the attractiveness of the restaurant. The parking is valet only given space limitations. Parking elsewhere would involve quite a hike back to the restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We met friends here for dinner and it was one of their favorite places and I can clearly see why. We pulled up to the front parking lot and it is valet only as far as I can tell unless you park on the street. We obviously opted for valet. It was professionally done and free. You walk into the restaurant and are immediately greeted and seated. Our reservation was for 6 p.m. on a Saturday and there was no issues whatsoever. The restaurant was fairly empty at the time but by the time we were done dinner at about 8:30, it was packed. We sat down and ordered our water and had a couple bottles of wine. Their wine list is reasonable and extensive and you have plenty to choose from. The budget is a bit higher on the scale all around for both food and wine. I did find it worth the experience. We started with shared appetizers at our table for five. Are appetizers included items such as broccoli rabe with sausage, Blowfish tail, and carpaccio. Each one was exceptionally prepared and seasoned amazingly well. It was tasty and delicious all around. You are given ample time to converse and enjoy your apps without being rushed for dinner. The multiple servers were attentive at all times and removed any dirty plates immediately. At this price point I think it is important to do so and I appreciate it very very much. Our water was consistently filled the entire time and left us not wanting for more at any point in time. Our entrees arrived in a very timely manner and we were able to enjoy each of them incredibly well. I personally had the Scottish salmon with lobster gnocco and it was exceptional. Some of the other items on the table included squid ink pasta puttanesca branzino, filet mignon age 28 days with bone in and papparadelle with a seafood sauce. I tasted a bit of almost each plate and everything was prepared exquisitely. Once again we were given plenty of attention throughout our entire meal. The nearby tables were volume control and everyone was very nice within the restaurant. I would say it is not necessarily a family atmosphere because I noticed no children at all in the entire group of people that were there. But I can't imagine if your children are well-behaved that it would not be fine to bring them. We completed our meal and decided to have dessert and espresso elsewhere so we just ask for a check, paid our bill, picked up our coats at the coat check, grabbed her car and off we went. We are not from the area but I will be sure to stop here again when visiting our friends who live very near by. It was an excellent experience all around.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants and for that reason I have celebrated many special occasions here. The staff is attentive.
The bread selection is wonderful. You can’t go wrong with the entrees. The crab cakes are in my opinion, the best in New Jersey. The wine list is extensive. The portions are generous so save room for the mouthwatering desserts including phenomenal gelato and sorbet. Once you try this place it will be on your list of favorites too. Enjoy!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Had a nice lunch--great service, but pricey drinks (one glass a med-bodied cab/-cost more than the meal!
Dinner menu more diverse-/and may return.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I have been to La Griglia several times over the last few years and it never disappoints. The ambience, service and cuisine are the finest around. Impeccable wine list for sure! The burrata special was wonderful as was the antipasto and the ricotta gnocchi. I brought some friends who have never been there before and they totally agree that it is truly a gem! I don't live in the immediate area but it is surely worth the short drive from Millburn.

Date of visit: July 2017