“Check for Conferences/Weddings/B'day Parties”

The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Took 4 attempt to book 2 rooms directly with the hotel - arrived and was told I had booked 4 rooms, 2 with the hotel (correct) and 2 thru an on-line travel site (wrong). I put the desk manager in touch by phone with an agent from the travel site who said I had no booking for the hotel with them.

Wedding party in a banquet room and adult B'day party in another room - noisy guests talking loudly in the hallways on their way to rooms or parking lot - about 1/2 dozen times from 11:00pm until 4:00am.

If you want to stay here, check first for events at the hotel (assuming you're not part of one) and ask for a room on the side away from the Garden State Parkway.

Room Tip: On the side opposite the hwy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
kenilworthinn, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

I apologize for the mix up with the reservation dates and the issue with loud guests. We appreciate your observations and will implement changes as approriate.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Perfect spot!!! Beautiful rooms!!! Very quiet and peaceful. I would definitely stay there again. Location was convenient to major highways and eating spots. A grocery store is right next door for convenience as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the five stars. We really appreciate the feedback and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Wow. This place is amazing. I can't tell you how impressed I am with this hotel. Upon our second visit I was worried that it might have lost some of it's 'charm' or 'customer service' because it was now more popular but NOPE! Even better than ever!

We booked a cruise out of New York for March Break so we stayed here the night before. Started out great because I wanted some perfume delivered there as I live in Canada and the shipping was a ridiculous price and they allowed me to do so with no problem! It was SO convenient and I was so grateful! Talk about customer service!

Room was cute and clean as usual! They also have a business centre that was helpful when having to print things last minute!

But what really impressed me is that upon returning from my cruise, we had a very late flight. We wanted to enjoy New York City but had no place to leave our luggage. I spent HOURS upon HOURS searching the Internet and calling airports trying to find a place to leave our luggage safely. No luck. Out of sheer desperation we asked Kenilworth if they could hold it for us and they agreed! Even though we weren't staying there that night! We took an uber to the hotel and got their shuttle to drop us to the train station (I can't tell you how convenient that shuttle is!) and spent a lovely day in Central Park. Then we came back and picked up our luggage with no incident. They were super accomodating and didn't make us feel at all like a bother. I will be forever grateful to them for being so kind to us!

The only thing that has changed negatively is that a) they no longer offer a free breakfast (man I miss those waffles!) and their shuttle no longer takes you to the cruise port.

Still, I would never hesitate to book this hotel. They are kind and gracious to their patrons, and I will continue to use them when flying into Newark.

Thanks again, Kenilworth!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
kenilworthinn, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Than you so much for the lovely compliment. It it my pleasure to be able to share your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The room floor very dirty. The staff is not friendly. The breakfast has few chooses. Our room is next to high way. There is no curtains. You can see outside. Very noisy. The only good thing is the bed is big enough for me with two kids.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 240nanz

I am very sorry to hear that we earned the reputation as the worst stay. I assure you that we are far from that and have worked hard to build a very favorable reputation with our guests. Difficult it maybe, but we take the good with the bad. We celebrate success and learn from our failures. I have reviewed your observation with the team and we will ensure there is no repeat of this incident. Please accept my apologies once again and I hope we get another chance to prove to you that we are a great place to stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I stay here several times a year when I'm visiting family in the area. The rooms are well-appointed and designed. Beds are super comfy, and I appreciate that they have several types of pillows, so I can always find the one that's just like my own. The staff is helpful and friendly in a "REAL" way.
The location of the hotel is right next to the exit on the Garden State, so getting anywhere is super easy. I grew up about 10 miles from here, but had never been to Kenilworth--cute little town with a great diner, just up the road, and a very nice restaurant (Boulevard 572) a short distance past that.
Kudos to the management team of the Kenilworth Inn for providing a consistently great experience!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
kenilworthinn, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Lisa

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our team is our biggest asset and it was my pleasure to be able to share your observations with them.
We are excited to be a part of your travel plans and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Devesh Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
4.4 km away
7.2 km away
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
8.4 km away
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to The Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK