“Wonderful Breakfast - Open 24/7”
Review of City Diner

City Diner
Ranked #3 of 648 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Excellent breakfast. Plenty of food, wonderful bacon, eggs, French Toast, omelettes, and coffee. Service was average, due to the number of tables our server had to handle.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I had a spare day in the NYC area, staying up by EWR, planned to get Ferry across to Manhattan, so PATH to Exchange Place, and then grab some breakfast before getting the ferry. I wanted somewhere to take some time and decompress and stumbled across the City Diner. Really pleased that I did.

The menu has all the standard diner items and quite a few more sophisticated dishes, I chose the corned beef hash and eggs, very enjoyable; coffee was good, toast was good sourdough. So the basics were right, but the thing that took the experience up was the service. In too many such places it seems to be surprisingly difficult to find your server, especially when you want a coffee refill. Here my server was charming, but also seemed to have pre-cognitive powers - my cup refilled just when I needed it to without my even needing to turn my head. Overall effect: I had that relaxed breakfast I wanted and left with a smile on my face.

Only small downside was that the advertised WiFi was not working, if that matters to you then check before you are seated.

1  Thank djna01
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Great place and location. Breakfast all day and even happy hour. Great portions as well. A diner with a bar...doesn’t get better!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Really good breakfast and great service. The music was little too loud at some time. Overall, great place

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love this place! All day delicious breakfast! Nice atmosphere & back ground music. Come hungry cause the portions are generous. Our waitress was fantastic!