“Not worth the hype”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Its average food, average service, nothing special about it. Yes the food is cheap, but its not quality nor tasty.

I dragged my boyfriend all the way out to Nha Trang after reading the reviews and we were very disappointed. The food was just average and the service was so so. Worst of all the place looked and felt disgusting, if the front of the restaurant looks and feels disgusting, i can't imagine what the back looks like. Would NOT RETURN AGAIN.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saitama, Japan
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Great Vietnamese restaurant in NJ.
The dishes are cheap and delicious.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Staff was very friendly and efficient. Food was delivered very quickly and the portions were quite large. Food was flavorful and nicely presented. The staff made helpful recommendations to us. Very reasonable price, especially considering the service, quality, and quantity. I had a very large bowl of rice noodle beef soup, barbecue beef in Vietnamese green leaves, served with carrots, sprouts, greens, along with rice wrappers. For dessert I had Vietnamese coffee and sweet egg custard. My wife had spring rolls and grilled pork on rice vermicelli and chopped peanuts. Hot tea was provided to us when we arrived. All this for $28.80 - what a deal! We were stuffed and could not finish it. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Nha Trang is one of our "usuals." While it's not the best Vietnamese I've ever had, it's definitely up there, with a nice selection of wines, beers, and mixed drinks to complement seasonal specialities. The menu offers a broad selection, suitable for carnivores & vegetarians alike, and you'll find some comforting favorites as well as new options for the more adventurous (durian, anyone?) It's family-run, so while the service can get a little spotty depending on how involved the kids are on any given night, you always feel at home. If you happen to go on a night when soft-shell crab is on the menu - dig in!

Reviewed 6 July 2009

Gave it a try since it was a 20 mins walk from our hotel, ended up being a great decision. Calamari appetizer was excellent. My pho (tai sach) was tasty but could have been larger. My girlfriend had grilled chicken over vermicelli and it was good too. Very cheap eat (24$ total for two). Service was OK, average cleanliness.