“Evening Meal”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Celebrating being favorite Japanese restaurant in Jersey City for 11 years. Now, Honshu moved down a block away to bigger location features full bar with world awarded sake, beers & wines collection. Honshu focus on unique & modern dishes with fresh ingredients. Introducing Omakase - chef choice is best option to experience memorable dining. The spaces feature large outdoor space, full cocktail bar, outdoor beers bar, and private space. Take out, delivery, party platter and catering are the options.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Pretty good Japanese restaurant. Good food and service. Reasonably priced with a wide choice of menu to suit all tastes.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I dined here with colleagues from work. The ambiance was low key. The sushi was excellent. I ordered the Jersey Roll which had spicy tuna and yellow fin. The service was good.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I was thrilled to find out that we had a high quality Sushi restaurant in Hudson county. Expensive for Jersey City but a bargain for NYC. We had friends visiting from landlocked Kansas City. We chose not to do the Omakase, as I didn't want to be too experimental for them. Ordered a sushi and sashima varieties, noodles and their popular items like spicy tuna tartar, volcano king and rock shrimp. The waiter was helpful with the choice of saki and specials from Japan. Everything is fresh. Next time my partner and I will sit at the counter and enjoy the Omakase.

1  Thank prodman
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place has really good quality sushi. We had a few good rolls with the Honshu roll being the best roll, we also went for the tuna tartar as an appetizer which was great. Our host was nice and friendly, and she was honest about the right portions we should order.
On the down side the seating it is very basic, and the rolls are pricey. However I still enjoyed and would go back

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Visit again for Omakase this time. Sit on the bar. Live jiggling shrimp today! I watched them while still alive than chef cut and serve it. Sweet and tasty. Sadly, they don't have it everyday. After, live scallop is another wow of the day.
Smokey barracuda is good and interesting. Blue fin toro is excellent, buttery and $$$$, but it is amazing.
Service - no need to be mentioned. Very friendly and cool. I spent slightly expensive to experience this tasting menu. If they are in Manhattan, I am sure that it will be double. It is the reason why I travel to Jersey City for this.
Cocktails are innovative & cool. But do not miss their sake selection.