“Unmatched quality all around!”
Review of Brick Farm Tavern

Brick Farm Tavern
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First class ingredients and exceptional service made this a great experience for my Fiance and i last night. We chose the 5 course chef's menu and were delighted by everything that we had. The beer selection was tasty, and the dessert was to absolutely die for. Our server was friendly and educated about the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant for a fancy night out with your friends and family.

1  Thank Carlos P

Reviewed 18 March 2018

There's a delicate balancing act going on at this restaurant and its working, for now. The setting is first class - an old and slightly (but expertly) converted farmhouse - set at the base of the Sourland Mountains (near where "Lucky Lindy" once lived) with subdued views to the east across the Hopewell valley. They are dedicated to using local produce and do so in creative ways with small portions that recall nouvelle cuisine. Our party of six was celebrating a 50th birthday and was seated upstairs in our own dining room amid a library of great Masters books that also boasted a wood mantled fireplace and windows with enticing views. During the meal there was a power cut for about a hour and we were warned that this might affect our dessert selections because the freezer could not maintain an acceptable temperature if the door was opened too many times. However, candles were brought in and we continued to eat in an atmosphere that suited this centuries old house. Our waiter was an agreeable and attentive young man who responded to our promptings to talk about his home in south India and could not have been a better attendant to our needs. I won't give details about the food other than to say that it was beautifully cooked and served. It is expensive - our bill came to around $400 for four adults and two children - and the portions are small and sometimes bear slight resemblance to their names (e.g. a cheesecake that had no discernible cake component and dissolved into a tasty liquid - complemented by slivers of fruit). Still, we were prepared for the novel arrangements and appreciated the restaurant's dedication to its apparent mission of weaning us away from mundane meals to more experimental alternatives. I hope that the people of central New Jersey will support this venture because it is highly unusual and of equally high quality. Hopefully....

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Don't listen to the reviews about small portions or poor service. The portions are perfect for each course (you're supposed to order more than one) and the flavor, presentation, and service are outstanding.
Another amazing restaurant in Hopewell.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was our first time visiting, I have lived in the area all my life and new the place as a farm before. We had a 2:00 reservation and was instructed that to not be late because they close at 3:00 and the cooks close the kitchen at 2:00. Seriously? I guess they are not into making any money by telling their customers that. This was a Saturday. All the restaurants that I know would seat someone at 2:55 in order to make a dollar. If that is the case, they should close their lunch down at 2:00. I understand they need some time between lunch and dinner but do not have to be impolite about it. We arrived 10 minutes early (so not to miss out time slot) and were seated in a very nice room with an excellent view. The woman who seated us was amazing and extremely kind, brought us our menus, water and answered all our questions since we had not been there before. She also took our appetizer order. When out waitress came to take our lunch order, I wanted to make a slight adjustment to my burger. I must have completely done something to ruin her day because there was no way that I was going to have a change to my burger. I just wanted the egg cooked a little longer. She was adamant about it, there was no way that it would happen. I asked if she could ask the cook if it could be done and I received the look of death. She left and came back and snapped "he will see what he can do" and left. After that, we never saw her again. We assumed that she went to another waiter and stated that she could not handle us and passed us on because we had 2 different people wait on us after that. She was still in the building, just not waiting on us. The original girl that sat us continued to check on us and was wonderful and the 2 other wait staff personal were also great. The food was outstanding. I have not had a good burger in a while. I had the egg on mine (which was done perfectly, well done). Another had the bacon jam who said was awesome. The other was plain. My wife had the Moroccan whole wheat gnocchi which was outstanding. Portion could have been larger. All in all, with exception with our initial service, everything else was excellent. Will have to come back to try the Lamb shank sandwich.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I've eaten dinner here 4 times - twice in the bar and twice in the dining room. The apps are always next-level delicious, drinks artfully prepared, and service impeccable. Each time the entrees - what I and others were really looking forward to - were barely warm. Tasty but not nearly to the temp I'm certain the chef would have preferred. I recognize that service can get hectic, but at these prices finished entrees shouldn't be sitting waiting for pickup. Unfortunately the social circumstances prevented me from sending them back, but I do know at least two of my guests had the same complaint.