“Best Esterhazy Torte cake since Austria and Hungary”

Hopewell Valley Bistro Inn
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed 19 November 2021

For my recent birthday celebration, I wanted an Esterhazy Torte cake to remind me of my wonderful visits in Budapest and Vienna. I had a difficult time finding a Hungarian or Austrian bakery near me, so then I looked for a restaurant who may make this for me. By mere luck, I found the Hopewell Valley Bistro Inn. I emailed them, and Susan (I assume the owner) responded to me and she was able to bake this for me (even though it is not an item on the menu). So I picked it up and had it for my birthday; it was delicious. The only things missing to make this the perfect event were:

• Mozart music in the background
• Overlooking the Blue Danube
• With the Chain Bridge and the Buda Castle in the background.

(Of course Susan had no control over that). So I highly recommend that people experiment with the Esterhazy Torte cake at Hopewell Valley Bistro Inn.

Date of visit: November 2021
1  Thank JohnZfromJersey
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed 10 October 2021

We come during the summer and fall as many Saturday evenings as we can. Sit out side with White Wine, Grilled Chicken Salad, Turkey BLT, homemade chips and dipping sauce plus excellent entertainment provided by Grant Peterson and Martin Goldberg, performing on the porch from 5-8 pm. Just to come listen is worth it to us. But we also love the food and atmosphere on the patio.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 20 May 2021

I can't say enough about Rosies's Stuffed Cabbage! It's better than my Grandma's and tht's saying something. The Goulash is beyond excellent. I love this place and highly recommend trying it!
Bob Vasa

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 15 December 2019 via mobile

Went for Stuffed Cabbage. Found it to be very spicy since they use alot of paprika which I do not like. Won't be going back

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 7 July 2019

I came here to try the Hungarian food. The menu has Chicken Paprikas, Stuffed Cabbage, Beef Goulash, and Weiner Schnitzel. I tried the chicken paprikas and wasn't disappointed. It is one of the last restaurants in the area to offer Hungarian food so I was glad to see those items on the menu. The service is excellent and the menu is varied so there is something for everyone.

Date of visit: June 2019