“Great Little Spot”

The Peasant Grill
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 April 2022

Not our neck of the woods; a friend recommended for a local lunch spot and we were not disappointed. Great lunch, great selections, very fresh. Very happy we swung by, and if/when we're back in Hopewell area we'll return.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Casual vibe, very clean, tasteful decor. Best cream of tomato soup I have ever had as a starter. Spinach salad for main course was very fresh, perfectly dressed, enormous and with so many candied nuts it could serve as a dessert as well. My DH ordered meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans. He said it was very good, and he was only able to eat half because the portion was so large. Coffee was good, service was excellent and we will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 13 June 2021

For me the best part of TPG menu offerings has been the desserts. Across the board the pastries and cakes are top notch with my personal favorite the carrot cake. So when I ordered the brownie for $3.25 on 6/12/21 and the result was a DRY WEAK mess it was a surprise. When the counter person stated that one of the two female bakers had recently left it all came together.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Everything I have had has been very good. Try the BLT, you won’t be disappointed. Also the deserts are very good.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 19 September 2020

My Husband and I had a wonderful lunch today. We started with the best salad. A lovely sweet balsamic dressing over greens, walnuts, delicious. I had the turkey special. Best cranberry sauce to compliment the delicious sandwich. Even the bread. Soft on the inside with a little crunch on the crust. You could taste the freshness!The split pea soup was delightful.My husband had the blt. and it was great. Needless to say, we took some home, as the portions are large:) We sat outside. Very nice gardens surrounding the patio. They made sure to wipe all tables outside after folks left. It was such a safe and friendly environment. The Owner, Barry, took some time to talk with us, which made for an even better afternoon! The lemon bar was a delicious treat! The whole experience was just what we needed. We left happy and full. Thank You

Date of visit: September 2020