Review Highlights

A Great Little Surprise

Reviewed 7 October 2020
Schmaubs
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Oh my goodness. What a fabulous afternoon. Ray's tour was so informative. Loved trying the variety of the small batch spirits. My daughter found their blue ribbon Gin to be outstanding. Her boyfriend was delighted with the smooth bourbon. The cocktails recipes were yum. As a proud New Jerseyans, it was a pleasure to support this innovative distillery! So many others lack variety. Not here. My souvenir was a bottle of Rum. Clearly something for everyone. Erica and Ray are so down to earth. And bartender Lee is so kind. Especially on a frigid Saturday in February, a safe outing during Covid-19! We will be back in the Spring to sit on the roof deck and enjoy the sunset!

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I visited with our you s daughter had a fantastic time. We packed a little lunch for her, while we enjoyed some of the seasonal cocktails (I loved my cider cocktail!) and gorgeous farm views. We felt totally safe, too, given the current climate. There was a ton of space between the outdoor tables, and each table had its own sanitizer. We will definitely be back!

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I have to be honest we did not do the full tour. Showed up for our pre paid tour and both tour guides were sick, received a bottle of wonderful barrel aged gin and a sampling of other on premises distilled spirits. All top notch ! We were also refunded our money and given a voucher for a tour . Class Act can’t wait to go back to do the full tour!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My Son treated a group of us to a tasting and later dinner at Double Brook Farm, both establishments along with Troon Brewing are located on the same property, to celebrate my birthday. This is a small scale craft distillery that creates a wonderfully aromatic and tasteful gin, along with distinguished vodka. The actual tasting happens at Double Brook Farm which features a farm to table cuisine, set in a contemporarily restored farmhouse.

This is a great destination experience that is set in a very beautiful part of the state. It is easily accessible from Princeton, Flemington, Somerville, Lambertville/New Hope and points beyond.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank DonnaandCraig
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Sourland Distillery is a hobby that is trying to become a business. The same same can be said about the tours. There is no video about the distilling process nor any photos for visitors to view. There is just one room with some equipment that was idle on the day we came. Our tour guide went to great pains to explain how founder Ray Disch is trying to build his business.He also explained how they make the vodka and gin that they currently produce. They are in the process of adding rum to their production scheme.
Cost of the tour is $5 and includes a shot glass and a tasting of the gin and vodka at the tavern located on the property. Having been a former business owner , I know how difficult it is to get a business going.I wish Mr. Disch much success in his venture and hope to visit Sourland Mountain Spirits again in the future.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank tikvah48
Samantha H, Public Relations Manager at Sourland Mountain Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for visiting the distillery. We were saddened to hear your opinions of Sourland Mountain Spirits. Ray Disch has been in the beverage industry for over 20 years, and spent several years building the distillery to what it is today. The distillery features some of the best equipment available in the industry, which Ray selected after traveling to Hungary to meet with the company. He is there on many weekends himself to give tours of the distillery. And while we've only been distilling since March, our gin and vodka has already won several impressive industry awards, such as "New Jersey's Gin Distillery of the Year" at the New York International Spirits Competition. We only started giving tours a few months ago, so we are still finding ways to make it the best tour possible. We take your suggestions to heart, and hope that you do visit again so we can show you that this is no fledgling hobby operation.