“W stands for WoW!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“W stands for WoW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for ?". At the W in Hoboken, you get what you pay for is true! I family booked two rooms for the weekend during the Holiday season and we had a great stay. I pulled up to the hotel in my car and was greeted by the valet staff. They took care of my car for me for the entire weekend. The price was $35 for each night.
The front desk staff was pleasant as they explained I had the last two rooms available for the evening. I was advised the rooms might be a bit noisy as their location was above the club. I wondered why they would give a "Gold Preferred" member rooms that possibly could be possibly present a problem. The front desk staff stated if I heard a lot of noise I could change rooms the next day. There wasn't any problems with noise from the club, although the staff called me the next day to ask if I wanted to change rooms. The call was appreciated and shows the attention to detail that sets the W apart from other properties.
My wife and I visited one of the bars inside the W Friday night and the clientele seems to be young, upscale patrons. The atmosphere of the hotel is classy and modern.
The view from the rooms was spectacular, facing the mid-town Manhattan skyline. The rooms were so comfortable. There is free coffee each morning located in the bar area off the lobby. It would be convenient to have a coffee maker in the room.
You can get to most places rather easily from the W. We walked 3 blocks to get the Path train into the city. The train stops at Christopher street all the way up to 33rd street, with three stops in between.
If staying at the W is not about how much you spend for you, but for how much convenience you are afforded, then this is the place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed the W vibe here at the W Hoboken, and were able to appreciate the spectacular views of NYC from the comfort of your guest room. We can’t wait to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to the area! -Pedro D, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed at the W for 3 nights to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. This place is amazing! The decor in both the rooms and the communal areas is fabulous, everywhere is really clean and well-kept. We stayed in a 'Spectacular King' room and it was huge!!! Much bigger than anything you'd get in Manhattan; it was modern but comfortable with a fab view across the Hudson. The staff are so friendly and warm and go out of their way to be helpful. We really felt welcome here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Hoboken itself is ace, loads of great bars and restaurants and everybody is so friendly. Its a great place to stay if you want to visit Manhattan but escape the madness of it each evening!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your special anniversary stay on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyed your accommodations and the phenomenal views of Manhattan. It's so rewarding to hear you felt so welcomed by our team and I thank you for taking the time to highlight that in your review. On behalf of myself and the entire W Hoboken team, we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken for many more anniversary celebrations! -Pedro D, General Manager
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

First time in Hoboken and stayed at the W. it is located in a great area with plenty of bars, restaurants, and boutiques. The hotel also has a nice club, so one night we never even had to leave.
Service was good and Sunday brunch was nice. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you discovered W Hoboken, and found our location to be convenient, and enjoyed the wonderful service from our team. W Hoboken looks forward to your next stay with us! -Pedro D, General Manager
Laveen, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

As soon as you walk in you are have warm welcome and they pump something into the air. Very friendly staff and rooms are very clean and nice! Would stay here again if I was around the area. The only thing you need to watch out for is parking is an extra fee.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience. It is so rewarding to hear that you felt welcomed from the minute you walked through our front doors! I will certainly share your kind words with my team. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Washington Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Top Notch stay! We had the “Cozy Room” and it was just that! Rooms were super clean, enjoyed the mini bar options, restaurants were great. We loved the “living room” and service was a bit slow, but it wasn’t terrible. Good location also.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing your comments. I am so happy to hear that you were so impressed with your accommodations. Cleanliness is a top priority we take very seriously at W Hoboken and I’m delighted to hear you recognized this during your stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with my Style team who will not doubt be happy to hear this. I must apologize for the subpar service you received in our Living Room. This is certainly not typical at our hotel and I have shared your comments with our team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to welcome you back to W Hoboken again soon. -Pedro D, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
#317 of 467 in New York City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,299 reviews
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
#6 of 13 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK