“A Jewel in Jersey!”

Matsu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is a fantastic Japanese restaurant with a large selection of dishes, featuring something for everyone. They also offer BYO, which is always pleasing to wine drinkers! Our meal was pretty much perfect and so delicious that we returned the next evening with more in our party. I have never had Avocado Tempura, which (as an avocado lover) must like eating in heaven! Jeff is a waiter extraordinaire! We will definitely return!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Spicy tuna is on fire and the sweet potato roll is rockin!

Not fancy, reasonable prices, good sushi.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Great for lunch. Highly recommended, the curry chicken. Friendly staff. Very reasonable prices.we have been there many times. Never disappointed. Imuran sashimi. A great favorite

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

My friends and I like to come here for their sushi because the 6 piece rolls are between only $3-$6. I have never tried anything besides the sushi here because the prices for other dishes jump so high. The menu is extensive so I'm sure anyone could find something to eat. The service is friendly and the waiters will not let your water glass get less than half full.

1  Thank farrelma
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

I've gone here multiple times for sushi and appetizers and it never disappoints! I love their edamame and vegetable tempura for appetizers. My favorite rolls from here are the sweet potato, chicken tempura, shrimp tempura, and eel.