“Charming; Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Great location, friendly staff, good food. Although it says tapas, the portions are generous.Good location if going to the Eagle Theater. It is a charming place, great wine list, very good food. Seating is comfortable, but chairs are low - ask for a cushion, if you need to, or sit in the booths. Will definately go back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Annata Wine Bar

Reviewed 16 March 2017

My daughter (who is a food lover) for my Birthday took me to Annata Wine Bar for lunch. Oh my goodness when I walked in the place it was totally amazing. The tables were perfect , the seats were perfect and the server was just amazing. I was totally taken back how nice this place presented itself. The hot bread with dipping oil , to the meal.
We had a sandwich that the meat complimented the bread, the fries complimented the sandwich . I am not going to tell you what sandwich we both enjoyed because I would suggest you read the menu. Because what we had I have not a doubt they all taste that great. I usually do not give an excellent on first bite , but they earned it . Please go and try and let you taste buds tell you how good the food is !!! Nice job

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Just once in a while, you get to dress up and take in a fine dinner and a show Right? But Hammonton New Jersey?

When I was growing up in South Jersey, Hammonton was the Italian Capital of the area. Known for their rich history, parades and of course Blueberries. In the last few years, downtown Hammonton has been going through a Renaissance of sorts. Once destined to deteriorate away, now is a hub of fabulous eateries and shops and local theater.

The stand out is the Annata Wine Bar. Annata, which translates from Italian to English to mean 'Vintage Year' Nestled in an old store front, Annata Wine Bar offers a comfortable atmosphere where guests are welcome to enjoy one of the extensive wines offered by the glass, bottle paired perfectly with a selection from their Italian-inspired tapas menu.

We were greeted at the hostess stand by a beautiful and pleasant woman who was the co-owner with her brother the head chief. (Oh did I say reservation are recommended.) We were taken to our table with comfy “lounge-style seating” conducive to a relaxed wine-soaked conversation. Being our first time there, were given the “rundown” on the how the evening would progress.

Our server Dawn explained the process to us and the night began. I immediately noticed that the dining room began to fill up and that is because one can come here to this intimate, upscale enoteca where “knowledgeable” servers pour a vast selection of local, Californian and Oregonian bottles that can be paired with wonderfully sophisticated snacks.

If you are not of the wine crowd, they also offer signature martinis, artisan scotches and imported beer selections. I of course choose a Bombay Sapphire Gin Martini a little dirty with two blue cheese stuffed olives.

We began our dinner with a cheese platter that consisted of strawberry cheddar and anther cheese paired with delectable dried meats. That coupled with the fresh roasted peppers and green olives, which should have been our meal. The menu offers an array of delectable dishes. They offer the smaller portions or the full size, we choose the latter so we could sample three dishes.

We selected the Chilean sea bass basilica filets in a white wine, tomato and basil broth. $12, a duo of house made potato gnocchi in a sage brown butter sauce with house made spinach and ricotta gnocchi in a creamy tomato basil sauce $10 and one special which was veal scaloppini with a rich wine sauce. These coupled with an Oregonian pinot noir were a perfect match.

At no time were we rushed or bothered by Dawn our server who was just perfect for the atmosphere. We just relaxed and enjoyed the night.

What can one say about a wonderful dining experience except that if you are in the area, this Wine Bar is a must and will be the destination where we will bring a special guest.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

When we first visited this place we raced about it. Now a few years later.... Yeah... NO..

No one is watching the store. Horrible service... Mediocre food. Sad sutuation Had the makings of something special. Really.,... Don't bother.

1  Thank Frank G
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I think we were seated in the cold zone next to the bar almost in the back hallway - very strange location for a table at such a high-end place. The wine was excellent as always. The food is good but a bit overpriced for the portion sizes no matter whether you select the tapas size or the larger portion - either way the price is high for what you get. Service is friendly and knowledgeable.