“A pleasant lunch, followed by magic”
Review of Bridge Cafe

Bridge Cafe
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 15 October 2017

After a pleasant drive on Rte 32 we crossed the bridge to Frenchtown and had a late lunch at the cafe, a re-purposed diminutive railroad depot that we once knew as an antiques shop Views of the river were lovely in the afternoon Fall light. The modest menu lists many attractive options: a nice quinoa salad, for example. It turns out they also have uncommonly prepared and uncommonly good cole slaw, plus the usual burgers and salads. The soup of the day was a generously made cream of mushroom. We were served politely and promptly. Upon presentation of the check we were asked if we'd like to see a magic trick or two (from the son of the owner). The fellow is a very accomplished and personable magician, whose magic was baffling and dazzling, to be sure. I haven't a clue how he made the coins disappear, but I suspect that there are so secrets to the magic made in the kitchen: fresh ingredients, careful preparation, and creative presentations don't need a distracting patter or a sleight of hand.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We found this place a few years ago. We stopped for a snack, and tried the Carrot Cake, well I'm hooked I will drive the hour from my home just for t he carrot cake. they make all their desserts in house. We had lunch once or twice the food is great. It is along the Del river and bike path. You can find a place to park your car and walk like 25 miles to Trenton.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My husband and I have been coming here for well over ten years and have eaten both outside and inside. We sat outside at one of four tables and watched as both a male and female waiter/waitress attended to the three other tables. No one acknowledged that we were there. No, I'll be right with you, I'll tell someone you are here or I'll get you a menu. After awhile, I went inside I said: "Would it be possible to get some menus"? I was met with the following response from a not so nice woman inside: "Oh, where are you sitting"? "You have to come inside to tell us that you are seated outside". Told her we have been coming for years and that was never the case before and besides, two of you waitstaff saw we were outside and NO ONE said :You need to go inside first. There is no sign telling patrons to go inside first. They have some obscure little wooden reserved sign in a basket on the table with a scrunched up post it note that says to see someone inside. So, 1st you have to find the reserved sign in the basket and have to guess that the table is not in fact reserved but you need to find the note at the bottom so you know to come inside. Who ever thought this one up is a pure genius! Every time I saw a waitstaff come outside and go back in I thought surely someone will tell someone we are outside but no such luck. We had our dog with us so the whole point of choosing to eat outside was so we wouldn't need to bring the dog inside. The one and only saving grace about this place is how nice it is to be seated outdoors along the Delaware. The food was mediocre at best. It was once pretty decent. So, no I would not recommend The Bridge Cafe until the owner and waitstaff get their act together. Very disappointed. I can see from the review before me that I am not the only one who was met with rude and indifferent service.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped to get lunch, but when I went in to ask for a waiter, I didn't really get a reply from the girl behind that I thought they really don't want my service. The kid that was supposed to be clearing the outside tables was sitting down at one of the inside tables. She motioned to him, but he did not stir. Then one of the other girls from behind the counter asked if we had been seated? I said no that's why I came in to ask if anyone was waiting on the tables. At this point rather than say we'll be right out, she started in again that you don't get service unless you come inside. Then the mom chimed in from the back with the same retort. Way to make a customer feel welcome. We had eaten there several times and the food and service was uneven, but okay, but I don't think we will be returning.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in today before going out to do tourist activities and was very pleased to find soy milk available. My iced coffee was fantastic and the staff was very friendly.

However; I also bought two donuts, and BOTH were inedible. They were the texture and flavor of a sticky and stale bagel.