“Rude customer service ,indifferent waitstaff”
Review of Bridge Cafe

Bridge Cafe
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My husband and I have been coming here for well over ten years and have eaten both outside and inside. We sat outside at one of four tables and watched as both a male and female waiter/waitress attended to the three other tables. No one acknowledged that we were there. No, I'll be right with you, I'll tell someone you are here or I'll get you a menu. After awhile, I went inside I said: "Would it be possible to get some menus"? I was met with the following response from a not so nice woman inside: "Oh, where are you sitting"? "You have to come inside to tell us that you are seated outside". Told her we have been coming for years and that was never the case before and besides, two of you waitstaff saw we were outside and NO ONE said :You need to go inside first. There is no sign telling patrons to go inside first. They have some obscure little wooden reserved sign in a basket on the table with a scrunched up post it note that says to see someone inside. So, 1st you have to find the reserved sign in the basket and have to guess that the table is not in fact reserved but you need to find the note at the bottom so you know to come inside. Who ever thought this one up is a pure genius! Every time I saw a waitstaff come outside and go back in I thought surely someone will tell someone we are outside but no such luck. We had our dog with us so the whole point of choosing to eat outside was so we wouldn't need to bring the dog inside. The one and only saving grace about this place is how nice it is to be seated outdoors along the Delaware. The food was mediocre at best. It was once pretty decent. So, no I would not recommend The Bridge Cafe until the owner and waitstaff get their act together. Very disappointed. I can see from the review before me that I am not the only one who was met with rude and indifferent service.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped to get lunch, but when I went in to ask for a waiter, I didn't really get a reply from the girl behind that I thought they really don't want my service. The kid that was supposed to be clearing the outside tables was sitting down at one of the inside tables. She motioned to him, but he did not stir. Then one of the other girls from behind the counter asked if we had been seated? I said no that's why I came in to ask if anyone was waiting on the tables. At this point rather than say we'll be right out, she started in again that you don't get service unless you come inside. Then the mom chimed in from the back with the same retort. Way to make a customer feel welcome. We had eaten there several times and the food and service was uneven, but okay, but I don't think we will be returning.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in today before going out to do tourist activities and was very pleased to find soy milk available. My iced coffee was fantastic and the staff was very friendly.

However; I also bought two donuts, and BOTH were inedible. They were the texture and flavor of a sticky and stale bagel.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

What a way to start a summer morning. Sit outside and gaze along the Delaware River with your morning coffee and some wonderful homemade pastries. Everyday seems to bring a new offering which are hard to choose from. The orange donuts are my favorite. Unique breakfasts are served as well as lunches. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

It is both a sit-down cafe and a coffee/ bakery takeout place, in the converted old railroad station adjacent to the Delaware River bridge and the D& R park canal path. We often stop in for coffee or a light lunch. They have good sandwiches and interesting daily specials; we had the crabcake sandwich and he pulled pork sandwich from the specials list. Soft drinks, lemonade, coffee and tea only, no beer or wine. The food was delicious, and the young servers were fast and efficient. Lunch for two about $50.
There is a view of the wooded river bank but the water is out of sight, overall it is a pleasant place. They are open for breakfast but we have not tried that.

Frenchtown has interesting shops, a bike rental shop, and a fancier restaurant, the Frenchtown Inn across the street. The canal path is level with fine gravel and runs for miles each way; the walk south from the cafe is more interesting.

1  Thank P6717RNrichards