“GO TO THE PENNSYLVANIA SIDE, DON'T USE THIS ONE!!!!”

Delaware River Tubing
Audubon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“GO TO THE PENNSYLVANIA SIDE, DON'T USE THIS ONE!!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I went with friends in a "group of 40". so you would think that would make it easier. well after waiting for 1/2 hour for someone to give us our bands for free hot dogs and tubes, we had to go to ask for extras from a man that thought we were putting him out. rude.

then we wait for 45 minutes to climb on a bus that took us about 1 mile down the road to the point where they dropped us off (i could have walked it in 15 minutes).

so we get in the tube and we float and the river is nice.

we get to the end. and we push ourselves towards the jersey side. and i look over at bucks county river rafting on the pennsylvania side -- and i see a beach made of stones and people climbing out. and i'm looking on the jersey side to see where i get off on our side. THERE'S NOTHING. there's a mud covered hill with sandbags, also mud covered, going partially up. the rest is a slick hill of mud with a filthy dirty rope for you to grab on to.

i fell, and of course since i was holding my tube, i had no free hand to brace myself. my chest and leg are still hurting. the man saw me and when someone said something to him, he responded "yea i saw" and i heard him on the walkie talkie "we may need someone here". no empathy, no caring. rude .

so i get on a bus to go back to where the cars are and i'm covered in mud. i mean covered. but they say if we go to the right there are showers. well, there are showers. one outdoor square pole with 4 showers .. one on each side... and buttons to push for the water to come out. i'm a woman, but there was a man on one side trying to push the button for his son and even he had trouble pushing it in to get the limited amount of water that came out.

i give up and take off my clothes, (i had a bathing suite underneath) and i go into the changing room to put on fresh clothes.. no floor.. not wood, nothing but more mud and some grass.. filthy. shower curtains in between ripped and useless.

you can travel the river and it's nice. BUT PLEASE USE THE PENNSYLVANIA SIDE. do not use this service. they don't deserve what you are paying them. they don't do anything to try to make this a fun experience and they don't warn you about where/how you have to go out. horrible experience and i've done it before.. but the pennsy side.

IF YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME, MAKE IT PLEASURABLE.. DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE.

5 Thank sandal41
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Sciota, Pennsylvania
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good family fun on a hot summer day, but lacking enough large life jackets.”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was a fun day for our family. Each rental includes a tube, transportation to and from the river, and lunch at the floating hotdog stand. The river is nice, although the currents make you have to work to get from one side to the other. You launch on the left side, stop halfway at the hot dog stand on the right side for lunch, and then continue downstream and exit on the left. 2 people in our group of 9 ( my niece and her 10 year old son) missed the lunch stop because, try as they might, they could not get their tubes in shallow enough water to get off. ( Life-jackets are included in the rental fee, but there were not adult size life jackets available when we got to the rental site. My niece tried to get off her tube to haul herself and her son in, and discovered she was in water over her head. She held on to the tube until she was able to pull herself back on, and by that time had missed the hotdog stand. I would advise you make sure you have your own life jacket if you are not a strong swimmer). This is alot of fun, but you are in the river, not some waterpark, so you need to be very watchful of any young children (or immature adults!). If you look, you can find half-price deals on the web at times.

1 Thank reb859
Teaneck, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Stay away from this poorly organized company!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Enjoy the river, but stay away from this company. I wish I would have read some of these reviews before I went, as most of the bad ones are true. I can't believe this guy is still in business with such a poorly run company. All of the employees are high school kids who don't give a crap about the customer. No signage are communication, long waits, gridlock, etc.

5 Thank Dave F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thanks harry!”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This place is great. There are surely cheaper ways to take the trip, but you are paying for convenience. Last year the super awesome straps were for sale, and we bought three. I used them again today and harry insisted on taking them away from me because this year they are rental only. I was mad, until I realized that harry was so busy yelling at me and taking what I paid for that he forgot to collect our bracelets. So harry, thank you. I hope you enjoy my six dollars worth of straps. I know I will enjoy saving $240 next time I go tubing.

2 Thank onlymurph
Bayonne, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day On The River”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family had a great time today on the river. I guess the company has responded to some of the feedback. Instructions were given several times on what to do once you hit the water before and after the bus ride. We enjoyed the floating lunch barges and will be back again with additional family and friends. The only improvements I would make is to add live music and a bar next to the hotdog man.! Overall you'll have a great time!

Visited July 2011