“Great spot for Tex/Mexican/Cajun dishes”
Review of Jose Tejas

Jose Tejas
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Whenever I'm in the Fairfield, NJ or Woodbridge, NJ area I make it a point to stop by.
Great food at very reasonable prices, fast, friendly service. Depending on when you go, lines are often out the door, but it's well worth to wait. I usually get the New Orleans Catfish covered with shrimp in a white cream sauce, but everything they serve looks great! Give them a try.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

If you are ever in the mood for Tex Mex or Creole/Mexican food check out Jose Tejas in Woodbridge, NJ… This place is very popular and it is always crowded no matter what day or hour, always!!! So be prepare to wait!!! If you are like my husband and I and have no problems waiting at the bar seeping Margaritas and munching on their freshly made and delicious corn chips and salsa, go for it!!! Yum!!! This is our strategy every time we visit, my hubby drops me and company at the door while he searches for empty parking space, (the lot is large but it fills up quickly). After leaving my name with the hostess for the next available table and receiving the reservation monitor which will light up very colorfully and vibrate when table becomes available; I go directly to the bar section where I both find an empty spot by the counter or on one of the various communal tables and cheerfully wait. The place is loud and vibrant and it is not easy to engage in conversation. Typical waiting time I have experienced is about 30 minutes to 1 hour but do not despair the wait staff is very attentive and you will not run out of drinks or chips!! These are some of the most memorable dishes we have had over the years at this place, Appetizers: Cajun Popcorn Shrimp, Catfish Bites, Gumbo, Guacamole, Pastelitos, all tasty and portions appropriate for sharing; as Entrees we have enjoyed Mesquite Salmon Salad, the Steak and Blue Cheese Salad and the Tostada Grande Salad as well as any of their Fajita dishes or Enchiladas which come accompanied by rice and beans or Jambalaya and Pico de Gallo. I found that the Entrees are can easily be shared. One thing to note is that take out is not available so if you ever need to do this, just add it to your food order and take it at the end of the meal as a doggie bag! Salud!!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We have been going here for the last 15-18 , the food quality remained the same , I know it gets crowded and has long wait ( we waited for 1.15min) , unfortunately the service and cleanliness was disappointing , the waitress didnt even come to take our order for almost 20 min , and the table and all the area around the table for filthy hope they improve on this .

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Worth the wait, Authentic Mexican food, large portions, I have been here many times and always on point with service as well as quality and presentation & most of all Taste. The Margaritas are awesome. The wait makes your mouth water as the food being served passes by sizzling and smoking hot aromas.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Good food had the quasadilla. Was awesome. Although the soundnof balloons blowing up the whole time kinda killed the atmosphere.