“Definite go to again place”
Review of Jose Tejas

Jose Tejas
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Pros.
The skirt steak was beyond awesome
Nick the waiter rocks
Free good chips and salsa.
The chicken fingers were not too bready. like some places.
Quality ingredients.
Cooked correctly
cool decor
Good portions
Moderate cost.

Cons.
SMALL tables close together. Tough for a family of four.
The hostess tried to seat us right by the airlock and its cold air then was sour when we asked to not be air conditioned on a cold November night.
There was a small line at 7PM on a Wednesday. I cannot imagine the lines on Fri and Sat.

Advice for owner.
Put up a full height barrier by the airlock on the right side walking in to make the door table location less awful. I cannot imagine how bad that table is on a 5 degree January day.

Net advice: CLEAR WINNER. Talked to my friends who it turns out loved it also. WINNER WINNER WINNER.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

After going here for years I'm sorry to say this may be the last. I literally just left and am sorry to say it was not a good experience. I just gave this place a rave review less than a month ago. But tonight may have ended it for me. Our server Letucia A. came to our table 30 seconds after we were seated ask for our drink order and then said " what about appetizers,I said we had just sat down and had not even opened the menus. Her response was " well I was just asking" from that point on it was down hill. She never refilled our chips and salsa I have never in the years I've been going there needed to request that. Waited to our meal was completed to ask if we wanted another round of drinks. Just about tossed the ketchup at me without a word. When the manager Andrew asked if everything was ok we got nothing but excuses. There was also another manager Malisa who I could see tell the server to just brush it off. To top it off I was with my daughter who is 25 but looks sixteen and has never not been proofed anywhere. But never even questioned her. After ten plus years of going here at least one a month. This could be it.

3  Thank brownsfan032
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Love the tortilla chips and salsa. Everything is brought out fresh and made to order. Our favorite is Chicken Guadalajara. Big portion with a unique flavor. Also love the fajitas. Can't go wrong a friendly place with great prices.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Definitely a great place to come and hang out with friends. Great bar and food is plentiful! You definitely don't go home hungry! I suggest the eggplant Royale! So delicious!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

If I start to think of Jose Tejas, I start to feel good. I have been here a dozen times for lunch, dinner, and happy hours. I came here for a happy hour with about 8 coworkers and its just a good time and good food always. The nice thing is that you can start at the bar with start and hang while you wait for a table. The place is huge, yet it gets so packed for dinner, so plan to wait if you come in late (no reservations). Parking is available all around the restaurant, but prime parking up front can be tough at times.

After you park and get in, its all good times from there. The place looks cool, is completely open, and has lots of energy. It gets really loud in there regardless of what time you go, so if you like quiet this is not the place for you. This is a high paced tex mex machine.

The table gets started with chips and salsa, and you will go through a basket without even knowing it. The servers are usually on point; I have never had a bad server take care of my table, and they really do take care of you and are very friendly.

Food-wise, honestly, you cannot go wrong. I have tried most of the menu and everything is just delicious, from the salads to the gaucho chicken. I have never eaten something that was not amazing, and the servers will take care of you if anything is amiss. I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Gtsh0pp3r