Lowest prices for your stay
$131
$150
Free cancellation until 26/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Courtyard
$128
Hotels.com$131
Travelocity$131
Priceline$131
All reviews front desk comfortable beds convenient location pleasant stay wedding guests trenton airport indoor pool bistro marriott lobby princeton starbucks shuttle michele
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2021

We stayed at Courtyard Ewing Princeton over the weekend.
We are Marriott Gold members and have stayed at Marriott properties all over the country and internationally.

This Courtyard needs more than a little TLC. I suspect that the pandemic affected maintenance on the property, but the guest rooms and bathrooms are in desperate need of attention.

Our bathroom smelled musty and we had to purchase air fresheners to cover the smell. The bathroom was old, dark and dingy, with no ventilation or exhaust fan, the tub/shower faucet was broken and had to be repaired 2x while we were there. The tv remote didn't work. The carpet had sticky stains on it.

Housekeeping is by appointment only, so unless you request it, your room won't be cleaned. This was ok with us, but we had never experienced this policy at a Marriott before. Again, possibly due to the pandemic.

The property is next to the Trenton airport, which did not appear to have a lot of activity going on. We didn't see one plane take off or land the whole time we stayed.

Food service is available for purchase, but only at certain times of the day. No complimentary tea, coffee or water, unless you make it in your room, which was a disappointment. There is a small convenience shop for snacks and essentials open 24 hours a day.

There isn't much to do in the area, and if you are looking for restaurants in the area, there isn't much variety. A hoagie shop, a pizza place or two, and one sit down restaurant we tried called Metro. Granted, this is something we should have researched beforehand.

On the plus side, we used points for the room, and the staff was very kind and attentive. Both times we asked for someone to fix the shower, and look at our tv/phone which weren't working properly, they responded quickly and professionally. The manager was very personable and accommodating. I don't blame the staff for the condition of the hotel. But corporate really needs to take better care of this property

So my overall rating is facilities - 1, staff - 5.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank bethmR1420LS
Rich St Jean, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Dear BethmR1420LS,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that we feel short of exceeding your expectations. I will be sure to address the facility concerns you noted with our team. While the Global Pandemic has impacted our industry the hardest, along with the slowest recovery, I am happy to hear the hospitality of our staff helped to make your experience more memorable. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area you take the opportunity to stay with us again, under more normal travel circumstances. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 March 2021

The available room was the perfect size for my two-person meeting and could accommodate more.

Room as specified. The hotel lobby and facilities were clean and adequate.

Hotel had a lobby for individual work and a Starbucks coffee bar.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rich St Jean, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

Dear mikesL7943LW,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent meeting held at the Courtyard by Marriott Ewing Princeton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our meeting space and public area clean and accommodating. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Reviewed 2 March 2021

My stay at this hotel over the weekend was great! The staff is extremely helpful and kind. When we checked in, there was an issue with the key card system. The gentleman who checked us in was very clear that if there was any problem with the key to call him from the house phone on my floor and he would bring a new key immediately. There was a problem. I called and he brought a key immediately. It is very annoying to have a problem with a key and then have to drag your luggage all the way back down to the lobby to get it fixed. The staff member made sure that I did not have to go through that.

On Saturday morning, I came down to the lobby at about 10:00 am. The cafe area was not locked up yet, but the lights were out and there was no one there serving food or drinks. I asked the woman behind the check-in counter if it was still possible to get a cup of coffee. She came over to the cafe area and personally got a cup of coffee for me and she just gave it to me on the house.

This is an exceptionally well cared for property with an exceptionally kind and helpful staff. I highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: February 2021
Rich St Jean, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear egreenvilleds,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ewing Princeton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had an Elevated Guest Experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team, as an example of how exceptional guest service can so greatly and positively impact our guest's stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we get the opportunity to accommodate you again if your future travels bring you back to the Ewing Princeton Area.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

Abby and Rich are friendly, professional and efficient! Rich has helped me stay on top of many reservations, keeping up with last minute changes including early departures, extensions and more. He is great at communicating and I appreciate his prompt responses on a daily basis as well as his willingness to accommodate. Abby has also been great to work with as she is also always available and ready to assist! Besides helping set everything up, her eagerness to solve problems and create a good working relationship has really stood out. These small details do not go unnoticed.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael Williams, Owner at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Hi BigBrother7890 - Thank you so much for your positive feedback about the team at our Courtyard in Ewing. I would agree - Abby and Rich both truly radiate the spirit of hospitality and are two of our greatest team members. They lead by example, and it's great to see their efforts recognized here. Thank you again for your feedback - we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon. Take care!

Reviewed 2 February 2021

We initially chose this hotel for our wedding guests because we loved the open lobby, that they had a bar with space to host an afterparty and a great fire pit on the back patio. Unfortunately due to covid restrictions we were unable to have our afterparty as planned but the staff went above and beyond to still make our stay there special. I really appreciate the staff we worked with- especially Michele, Juan and the hotel general manager Rich. They were also very accommodating when we realized we had accidentally left items in multiples rooms after checkout- and even retrieved a lost cuff link from the elevator shaft for us. Our suite was beautiful and spacious and we really appreciated all the little touches. It wasn’t what we had planned but we appreciated so much that they worked with us to help us make it work.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rich St Jean, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Dear MelCh10242020,

Thank you for your recent review of our Courtyard by Marriott Ewing Princeton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we did everything to Elevate Your Guest Experience. I will be sure to share your kind words with Michele, Juan and our entire team. While I know there are so many obstacles and restrictions with travel, especially for social events like a wedding in the current health climate, I am glad we were able to work through and make you and your guests have a memorable experience. That is our goal with every guest, and working with your prior to your stay, helping your guests throughout and even returning lost items from guestrooms or the elevator shaft, I am glad that we delivered on this goal. I hope if your travels bring you back into the Ewing Princeton area again in the future, we have the opportunity to accommodate you again. Once again thank you for your feedback.