“Great choice for business travelers in Princeton/Trenton area”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The new Springhill Suites layout is terrific. I love the desk and living area and the separate water closet/shower rooms.

This hotel is well managed. The rooms are clean and well stocked with towels.

The location is right off I-95 and easy on/off the highway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your very favorable experience at our hotel, SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. We are easily accessible, right off Rt 95 and Rt 1. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, exceptionally clean rooms, and everything in working order. We again succeeded in your over satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Patrick Brogan

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a one night Friday night stay solely for the purpose of experiencing the Springhill Suites brand for the first time. The hotel still has a little bit of the newness feel remaining from its 2010 opening. Location wise, the Element and Courtyard appear more convenient off of I-95, but not by too much. The bathroom design – with the toilet (and small hand sink) room completely separated from the shower (with a larger sink) room, is not seen often, and clearly has its pros and cons if you are not traveling alone. Rarely does an internationally branded hotel offer both coarse tissues and coarse toilet paper (usually it is one or the other), but we found that here. For those that prefer a pitch dark sleeping environment, the shades and curtains here cannot afford this luxury to you (see picture). I rarely have anything to say about hotel beds, but in this case, I found the bed to be just a little bit too soft. The bedding is another story. The blanket is sandwiched loosely in between two sheets (ie not tucked in on the sides nor folded over the top), just casually put together, providing an excellent opportunity for you to interact with the blanket surface directly at some point, the same blanket that has probably touched every guest before you that has laid on the same bed. Furthermore, the sheets are wrinkled everywhere, adding a distinct disheveled touch. To make matters even more interesting, when I pulled out the blanket sandwich, I found a fitted bed sheet underneath that was pretty clearly not changed since the last guest – as evidenced through various hairs of different sizes and dried skin particles. This marks only the second time, since I have started to stay at hotels regularly in 2004 that I have been assigned a room where the sheets have not been replaced since the previous guest; the previous time was at the Luxor in Vegas in 2007. So perhaps I just had bad luck this weekend (because two nights later at another hotel, the same problem occurred again), and this was an isolated housekeeping snafu, but I likely will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences at our hotel. I apologize for not meeting your expectations in the areas you mentioned. The dual bathroom setup is certainly different and we have heard many positive comments, especially from families. The amenities are from a national vendor, and we do take guest comments into consideration when selecting replacements. We review all pro and con reports from our guests with our staff, and this report has already been addressed with the appropriate co-workers. I appreciate your feedback, and hope you will consider our hotel for future overnight needs.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here so that we could go to Sesame Street Place. Although it was a bit out of the way (15 min) it wad absolutely worth it. The room was spotless & beautiful. It has a separate sitting area with a couch (the kids loved it). The bed was awesome (I didn't want to get up). The bathroom & shower area were in two separate rooms - which was very convenient. One, I guess negative, was the indoor pool. It was the smallest one I have seen but it was clean & they had fun. Later that night, I was able to go down to the bar & have a drink outside by the fire. VERY RELAXING!!! Yes, we will go back to Sesame Place this summer & yes, we will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank KAMou62
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your very favorable comments regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. All of our rooms are 25% larger than a normal hotel guest room, with a microwave and refrigerator which all travelers enjoy. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping staff who excel in overall hotel cleanliness. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to this area for Sesame Place, and will again exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

What a pleasant surprise! You'd never know from the exterior (or hideous logo) what a beautiful, functional and comfortable hotel this is. The breakfast is very good, varied and plentiful; the sea-glass (blue and green) design scheme that dominates is at once hip, pretty and soothing; the little bar and the fire pit outside were welcome (and welcoming) surprises at the end of several emotionally trying days; and the room design with comfortable sitting area, work station and snack kitchen microwave and refrigerator is stylish, comfortable and convenient. The hotel feels brand new and the service is friendly and responsive. I had a minor concern about a housekeeping issue on my first visit and it was taken care of immediately, I was offered another room (it wasn't necessary, it really was minor), and given extra loyalty points for my "trouble." All my "trouble" should be like this! Also just off Rte 31, so you can find the nearest Starbucks even without a GPS -- which is saying something. Like the other nearby choices, it's in the middle of nowhere (an office park development slowed by the economy), but it is considerably closer to shopping than other choices. I'm making frequent trips to the area while a family member is recuperating at St. Lawrence Physical Rehabilitation Center, and this is now my hotel of choice. In the past we've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and the Element (by Starwood) on Scotch Rd -- both of which are nice, but the Marriott isn't as design -forward and the Element is probably too much so--very cold, hard feel, especially for a long stay, with design palette limited to silver, gray and white. Especially if you have a long business stay, or perhaps need to be near the new Capital Health medical center on Scotch Road, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pmcbee
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations in all areas. The very friendly and professional staff have a mission to totally please all guests that enter our hotel, as you were able to witness firsthand. The interior design of the hotel is definitely unique, which we receive many compliments on the looks and functionality. The fire pit is enjoyed year round by the hotel guests. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I will like all to know about the tremendous service that we received from Mr. Patrick Brogan and his assistant Craig during our stay. When we arrived, the pool had just gone down for some maitainence, and our granddaughter was unhappy. Mr. Brogan made arrangements at the local Courtyard for us, drove us over in the van and when we needed to return and the van was in use, he used his own personal car. The pool was up and running by early AM. While Craig, sorry no last name, was pleasant and helpful to us and my visiting family, as we had around 10 relatives visit with us during a small reunion. At night when they left and I had to go our and walk our dogs, they were staying in our RV, Craig, commented on the busy traffic and hoped we all had a wonderful time and he remembered helping me when I called about RV parking on the premises. Both were wonderful as was any staff member that we interfaced with during our stay.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for your very favorable review about your recent experiences at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. Whenever a situation arises regarding the satisfaction of our guests, we do whatever we can to look at all options and make it right. I am pleased we were able to accomadate you and your grandaughter with an alternate swimming facility. Craig does a wonderful job for us, and really gets to know and remember our guests, which you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Ewing area.

Pat Brogan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
1.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
15.8 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK