See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My experience with Motel 6 was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. We parked at the motel solely because they claimed to have a speedy 24-7 phone line/shuttle service to and from the airport. 5 days later, when we came back from an exhausting flight, we wanted the shuttle ride, so we called the shuttle line. No answer, so we CALLED 10-15 MORE TIMES FROM EACH OF OUR PHONES OVER THE SPAN OF 30 MINUTES!!! NO ONE ANSWERED. Finally, frustrated with their nonexistent shuttle accommodation, we had to pay for an uber to the motel.

Once at the office in the motel, my sister called the motel number again to make sure it worked – the phone rang, but the middle eastern lady ignored the ringing phone. We told the lady we had been calling for a half hour, she LIED that she had been getting a lot of calls, but had been picking up every one of them. HOW COME SHE MISSED ALL OUR CALLS IF SHE PICKED UP EVERY ONE OF THEM!?? My sister said “Well you didn’t pick up when I called you just now”. The lady literally shrugged and said, “whatever”. We told the lady we were disappointed with the service and that we had to take an uber to the motel. She simply said “I DON'T CARE”. I asked if she could compensate us for the uber since the shuttle was part of the service we paid for. She responded, “NOT MY PROBLEM....THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.” I told her I would be putting a review for her. She made an ugly, insulting face and literally said “Whatever I don’t care. DON'T COME BACK AGAIN THEN. I DON’T CARE...” I asked what her name was. She ignored the question. My dad and sister also asked. We got no response each time.

I asked someone else what the lady’s name was, and he said it was (H)abir, and that she was the manager. THIS LADY IS ONE OF THE MOST RUDE, BLUNT, UNQUALIFIED, AND UNCARING PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET. We only used this motel for parking and shuttle service to the hotel. We thought it would be convenient, but it was THE MOST POORLY SPENT $80 EVER. Forget the shuttle service, if (H)abir is the manager, then this motel is probably a VERY BAD IDEA FOR ANYONE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS RUDE WOMAN, AND POOR AIRPORT PARKING/SHUTTLE SERVICE!

(H)abir should not be working a job where she has to interact with people, because she does not know how to answer the phone or talk to people.

Room Tip: No shuttle service, extremely rude middle eastern lady
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Daydream630974
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Elizabeth - Newark Liberty Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Krupa, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We strongly encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

This is a very dingy motel, the parking is a joke. You won't be able to park anywhere near your room. The office is crowded with sketchy looking folks who seem to be just loitering.
The room was pretty clean.
There was the sound of motorcycles racing up and down the street outside all night long. The walls and floors don't muffle much sound.
All in all, I wouldn't dare venture outside of the room unless I had to. Bad area.
There are better options.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel/motel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Michael, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this lace like the plague, which by the way I would not be surprised if they found that in some rooms. The epitome of seedy this place is the most awful experience I have had anywhere in the world and not enough bad can be said about it. Do not be fooled by the pictures they post, they have to be from some other motel. An unkempt and filthy lobby is your first clue into this nightmare with a steady stream of hookers and johns whining about the cost of rooms! Our room, for $130.00 for the night, YES, $130.00, was unacceptable even for flophouse standards. Uncovered electrical outlets, a carpet that could have crawled out of the room on it's own, very noisy AC unit, drywall patching galore and a bathroom door that appeared to have been kicked in at some point would not close and once forced closed, would not open without extreme force. The first floor of this dumps walkways are littered with dirty mattresses, towels and broken furniture. Also alarming is that as this motel fronts for a parking lot, all fire lanes to the courtyard were blocked with parked cars.
Do yourself a favor and spend a little more to make sure you do not have the worst experience of your life!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Donald D
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Elizabeth - Newark Liberty Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Donald, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Better off staying further from the airport. I chose this for its location but spent way too much time waiting to travel 1.3 miles. Upon arrival at Newark airport I called for the shuttle, and was told to go to P4, it was en route. 30 minutes later the gentleman working at the P4 hotel shuttle pickup area advised me I'd better call again. 30 minutes later I called for a 3rd time. This time the front desk got him on the radio, and held it next to the phone, saying see, he says he was there. (He wasn't). 20 minutes later the shuttle pulled up, with the driver remaining in the van glaring at me. My experience later that night after visiting NY was similar, but this time only took 40 minutes and 2 calls. (The hotel is barely over a mile from the airport). The room was adequate, although small, and lacking shampoo, which seems to be a newer Motel 6 thing. Also, I found the lady at the front desk apologetic and pleasant, unlike the missing shuttle driver. Maybe if you're staying here you could hop on the Crowne Plaza shuttle instead as it's just next door (or maybe just stay there instead, their shuttle came every 10 minutes it seemed).

Room Tip: Call a taxi
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank skwscrod

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to share your review. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible, and it sounds like we failed to do so for you. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Simply incredibile...
No parking
Then they let me park in the middle of the road like we were in a jungle
Room old noisy and dirty

Imagine that I found the shower open.

Really uncomfortable and I even felt not so safe.
And it was so expensive.

Do not make the mistake of staying here!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ragazz0i
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Elizabeth - Newark Liberty Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Ragazzo, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.