See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2017

1st Room a lot of cigar smoke my mother couldn't breath, 2nd Room there was Mariguana smell and Jacuzzi was nasty dirty. The whole room look on a very bad shape I show the staff picture of Jacuzzi and were very mean they didn't care and said no refund it Cost me $125. and I had to leave my mother was having asthma attack of the smell cigar smoke. I filling a complaint to health department they should close down
Knights Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are very very old and on very bad condition
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Omaira C
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We were stranded at the airport - this would be our second night sleeping in an airport. Every hotel on the contact list was booked so we were glad of a room. After traveling in Africa it was good to have a toilet seat and a hot shower. Not a great hotel but everything is relative.
My greatest anger is at the Newark Airport taxi that horribly gouges you for the short trip there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank retiredpf
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I felt compelled to write a review and warn other travellers to stay away from here. On a layover in Newark I took the cheapest option available to book online because of its proximity to the airport. I had no idea what I was in for. The room itself was a cesspool. But from the moment the sun began to set I began fearing for my life. Police sirens were blazing, outside my window were hordes of gang-members riding BMX bikes. I hadn't had dinner and the only food option was a twix from a vending machine. The 20 foot walk to the vending machine from the relative safety of the room felt like walking through a warzone. I sprinted there and back. It felt like a scene from the Walking Dead with me barely shutting the door behind me before walkers could beat down my door for some crack money.
After a sleepless night I carefully walked across the parking lot to the lobby, immediately regretting that I hadn't fashioned some kind of primitive weapon for the walk. I should have called for a police escort except it didn't cross my mind. Behind the bullet proof glass the manager took some pity on me when I asked him how to get back to Newark. He said that I clearly don't belong there and actually offered me a ride. It was heartwarming to see just this small glimmer of humanity in such a toxic place. As I was about to leave at 6 a.m. a young boy came with into the lobby with an empty bucket asking for more ice and started yelling at the manager because it was supposed to be free and unlimited. Im not sure if he was selling it or possibly using it to make meth in one of the rooms. Suffice to say I felt lucky to get out of there alive.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank IBAndreas
Reviewed 2 September 2015

first of all I requested a non-smoking room...that was a joke...the minute I walked in the room I can smell the smoke...there were 2 chairs in the room they were both very dirty...the bed spread looked dirty...the carpet look like no one cleaned it for years...it was soooooo dirty...the curtain looked like it was about to fall off the window...the door lock did not even look secure and the chain on the door was broken...the bathroom actually looked cleaner than the rest of the room...this room was $88.00 a night...what a rip off...I have stayed at hotels cheaper than that and they were clean and offer breakfast...I would not recommend this hotel to a dog...they have the nerve to charge so much but they give you nothing...it really needs to be shut down...I stayed there two weeks ago...I read some reviews from years ago and everyone said the same thing...so they are not trying to improve this dump...

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank jan201558
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Keep Driving!!! The owner has a glass wall to protect himself from all the punches he would be getting. He will swipe your card and charge more than the rate should be (you have to dispute the charge) and will then tell you the card was declined and tell you to Get The F*** Out!!! This makes most dirty hotels look like Waldorf=Astoria. Been told of Ned Bug infestation, but never made it that far

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business