“Staying at Hilton Newark Airport this Restaurant is a must! 1*******”
Review of Algarve Restaurant

Algarve Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 280 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Barbecue, Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Absolutely awesome food. Friendly waiters. It was the perfect location for our last evening. Food was fresh and very tasty. I had the steak, my partner had the seafood varieties with lobster and mussels. It looked, smelt and tasted all so lovely. I would really recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent food... Good service... Nice and big portions...Delicious menu. I have been there in the mad 10 years and still great... Recommended!!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Looking for Portuguese restaurants to try, I found this one looking around online.
Menu is typical Portuguese with a variety of meat, fish and seafood dishes,
and an extensive BBQ meat menu. I looked at the online take out menu on their web site, and found their dining room prices were higher for the same items, but not crazy high. The restaurant is casual and has a large bar area and a eqully large dining room, There is a take out section on the side of the restaurant.

We ordered roast duck which was a daily special, and seafood with green sauce.
The duck was tasty with garlic seasoned vegetables on the side. It was not juicy,
but this is kind of expected, because no restaurant roasts a duck to order.
On the other hand, it was not at all fatty or dry, and had some good gravy on top that also prevented dryness. The skin was crispy and the meat was tender. The portion of duck was quite generous. A good job considering that in general, only Asian and French restaurants tend to have excellent duck. Some of the potatoes were a little undercooked,

The Mariscada was another matter. Ordered with green sauce, I expected a garlicy,
fresh parsley scented delight, that can be had in Portuguese and Spanish restaurants everywhere. Instead I found a splash of dry parsley (not fresh), and
a salty vinegar heavy sauce. Not at all first rate. Lots of tiny shrimp inside,
not enough clams and mussels. The half lobster inside was good.

Service was adequate but nothing special.

I would come back sometime, and see if next time is better.
There was a nice looking plate of Bacalhau on the next table, with a big plate of rice and Spanish potatoes. Maybe I would try that next time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Everytime we are in the area we always make sure to stop here for dinner. This time we had friends with us and we were staying over in the area. We arrived around 9pm so we came here for dinner. The wait was unusally longer than ususal but they made up for it when the food arrived. We ordered the "Picadinho" (Pork Bits w/Shrimp & Portuguese Sausage), Cod Fish "Braz" Style (Bacalhau a Braz) and Grilled Shrimp. Huge Portions and excellent food. Will be here again!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I have ordered twice from this place. Both times I ordered beef ribs chicken combo meal and both times when I took a bite into the beef ribs I got tiny pieces of bone fragments.
I’m sure that’s not how it suppose to taste? The rice, French fries and chicken were good.
Perhaps new knives or a new butcher is needed. Very unlikely I will get that dish again.

Date of visit: April 2018