“Great find near Newark airport ”
Review of Torna A Sorrento

Torna A Sorrento
Ranked #15 of 280 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is an outstanding Italian restaurant with great character and food. The staff is very good and the food is amazingly delicious! Good wines and fantastic desserts.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Found this great little family owned restaurant that’s been around for over 30 years. Good Italian food. If your staying at the airport it’s only 10 mins away.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We are two vegetarians from California who were in NJ for a long weekend. We had to ask for the wine list (!!!). I don't think they are used to two people ordering a bottle of wine. The entree portions are enormous. We ordered baked ziti and eggplant parmigiana. Both were delicious. The caprese salad was also excellent, with thick slices of fresh mozzarella. And the wine prices were reasonable. I would return if in the area again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I wanted to try a local Italian spot with my co-workers. We saw the reviews for Torna, and wanted to give it a shot.
We get seated, and immediately the bread comes out, and we order a bottle of cab for the table.
I asked the waiter what was their best home made sauce. He immediately replied the francese is their family recipe.
I ordered the veal scallopini francese. I was in heaven. It was so good. Not over powering like others try to do. The veal was cooked perfectly, and the sauce was just...YUM!
You won't be disappointed.
I would repeat.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Nothing else in this area compares to Torna in taste, service and value. We have been coming here for over ten years and it is our go to for great food when friends and family visit. John and his staff are professional and you will get great service if they are busy. Fish is always fresh and can be prepared off menu. Tough to decide side of pasta or potato and veg. Old school Italian NJ at it's best.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Torna A Sorrento? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK